The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
3 years - I'm 18, he's 21. Doesn't affect our relationship at all.
He turned 18 today, I turned 17 in May... So he's about a few months older than me (not a year)

Doesn't really affect us, sometimes we even forget the age.

I know someone who is dating a 12 year old and she's 17 and she see's no problem in it, yet the guy is still a child and only now started high school, so in a way thats bad because of the age gap.

xx
It's not a problem as long as they're greater than or equal to half your age plus seven.

[Waits for inevitable backlash]
I'm a year n a half older than my boyfriend (toyboy!! lol) and no it doesn't affect our relationship, apart from I'm going to uni soon :frown: and in november it will look like I'm 2 years older cos he will still be 17 and I'll be 19 haha

EDIT: change that to ex-... i dont know why i bother with relationships.... :frown:
Reply 24
3 years
i love itt
Hes 9 months younger than me. He likes to draw attention to that fact.
captainlumpy
EDIT: change that to ex-... i dont know why i bother with relationships.... :frown:

Sorry to hear about that, don't give up! You will meet someone in UNI mostly and never look back :smile:
:hugs:

xxxx
Reply 27
3 years.
I'm 16 & he's 19, so it doesn't fit the "half + 8" rule . . .
There's no issue and we've been together since I was 15 :smile:
I do look older than him, though, which he doesn't like . . .
x
MellyMorphine08
Sorry to hear about that, don't give up! You will meet someone in UNI mostly and never look back :smile:
:hugs:

xxxx

thanks, I know... tis just typical :frown: anyways I won't hijack this thread with my problems lol.... continue discussing everyone....
He's 22, I'm 21... no difference, obviously!
Reply 30
13 years difference.

It blows.
Reply 31
4 years.

He's 21, I'm 17. But he's immature and I'm mature. People usually think I'm the older one lol.
My boyfriend is 25 and I'm 19 but I look older and act more mature lol. I always forget that there's an age difference so it doesn't matter to me though one of my friends was funny about it. Saying that my boyfriend's sister is 22 and her husband is 45 with kids aged 14, 17 & 19!
lei_armstrong
My boyfriend is 25 and I'm 19 but I look older and act more mature lol. I always forget that there's an age difference so it doesn't matter to me though one of my friends was funny about it. Saying that my boyfriend's sister is 22 and her husband is 45 with kids aged 14, 17 & 19!

The kids must love the age difference between them and heR:P.
Reply 34
Same as JustRach lol
Yazr
The kids must love the age difference between them and heR:P.

Yeah she really had to put her foot down to get them to actually listen to her but they all get on well now!
Reply 36
7 years younger than him, not much difference really apart from he got to see Oasis and Blur in their wonder years, and I did not because I was probably tripping over, scraping my knee, crying and eating jelly and icecream with Barbie's in those years...

But whatever, we deal with it and we're good! :biggrin:
8, And absolutely no problem ^_^
Reply 38
2 years, no effect, except that he stayed near to go to uni but im moving away next year, it'll be hard =[
My last boyfriend was 23 and I'm 17 so 6 years. It did make a little different, I felt a bit embarassed to introduce him to my friends but I still loved him.

Latest

Trending

Trending