The Student Room Group

I cheated...advice?

My GCSE mocks were coming up and I was stressed so I found the papers and cheated. I am so worried that I will get caught and sanctioned. Before you say, I understand that it was wrong but it really looked like real exams may get cancelled. I will revise loads over Christmas for the next mocks but really hope no teachers suspect me. BTW people know I cheated and make it obvious in front of the teachers. My last exam,PE, is tommorrow - I can cheat and secure a 7 or not cheat and probably get like a 3 as I haven't done any revision
I think you should just go with the flow and then properly revise next time. But mocks are meant to be a way of knowing how well you are doing so when you do come to revise you won’t know what topics to cover. Please do lots of past papers! Best of luck!
Original post by Nataliee_cotts
I think you should just go with the flow and then properly revise next time. But mocks are meant to be a way of knowing how well you are doing so when you do come to revise you won’t know what topics to cover. Please do lots of past papers! Best of luck!

Should I come clean to my teachers as some probably won't notice but I really can't live with the guilt
Also, is it considered cheating if I have a private tutor and we did a paper which then came in the exam. My DT tutor and I did the 2019 and 2018 papers for revision and I learnt all the incorrect answers word for word from the mark scheme as revision which then came up (this paper was done in the summer)
Nothing wrong with cheating. Just make you don't get caught and you get the grades you want.
Original post by Student786198
Should I come clean to my teachers as some probably won't notice but I really can't live with the guilt

Just try to relax and keep cool! Enjoy the holidays and revise extra hard in the new year! If you tell them and exams get cancelled they will probably have to give you a U as a CAG as they base most of it on mocks
Don’t do it again!
Reply 7
It's ok to cheat sometimes. I remember cheating for my maths mock exam and got an 8 but I revised hard and ended up with a 9 in the actual exam. Just don't cheat from now on
Okay thanks guys, I have definitely learnt my lesson. What can I do about other people grassing me up?
Okay thanks guys, I have definitely learnt my lesson. What can I do about other people grassing me up?

Bribe them with chocolates.

just like say you were joking and then you could also say to your closer friends if they ask that you thought u wld be called a geek for studying (if they ask why they were weird high marks) and to your best mates just tell the truth and say you've learnt and everythin
Own your mistake apologize and dont do it again. For the people grassing you up I suggest looking for a friend somewhere in your class and ask for support. I've had to deal with some bullies. Generally, they look for a group of people or environment where people are okay with the vulnerable person being physically or emotionally harmed. Women are more likely to do indirect aggression or passive aggression where men are on average more violent. Passive aggression/social aggression/bullying is doing things usually to emotionally harm people and carefully masking it. In some ways it seems and feels particularly pernicious because the victim usually has nothing substantive to point to. But everyone can see and knows when bullying is occurring. Social aggression can be verbal, indirect accusations, cutting someone off from a group, cutting someone off verbally etc.

Personally I hate bullies. Bullies look for an environment where no one will stand up for the person being bullied. A kind of social outcast. They will do things to physically or emotionally harm the bullied person. When I see someone who i suspect to be a bully searching for validation of their dislike of someone or a kind of green light to turn against that person i feed into it. I try to convince the bully that the person they dislike I dislike just as much a confer the green light to do harm to the victim. And then when the bully does something objectively wrong then I will ally with the bullied person to punish the bully. It is important to note that I wait until the bully does something that is substantive to point to. It almost always inevitably happens.

If we are going to eliminate bullying then we need to make it so that bullies feel like being a bully threatens their survival. And they need to be convinced that at any time people could oust them for their aggression. Thereby making the world a better place. =)

Sorry I know this was a little off topic! I'm just interested in this subject.

Latest