The Student Room Group

Do you consider this as cheating (Girls)

Girls I’d like your opinion please, so my partner believes if a female friend called me asking for help or to talk whilst in the presence of her that is considered disrespectful and cheating, although is this considered cheating I make the effort and attempt for her to know I still care by reaching out and physically being there for her yet she has or had 3 males friends to leave her alone.

Scroll to see replies

You are allowed to have female friends. It is not cheating to get a call from a friend / try to help them.
Rubbish, a woman calling you for help isn't cheating, your gf sounds like a controlling psycho with severe trust issues.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ReadingMum
You are allowed to have female friends. It is not cheating to get a call from a friend / try to help them.

Thank you and unfortunately whilst I sympathise I get called manipulative and my partner felt hurt more to me helping my female friend in her presence than her having 3 guy friends from her course on behalf of her saying to leave her alone and surrounded by her.
Reply 4
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Rubbish, a woman calling you for help isn't cheating, your gf sounds like a controlling psycho with severe trust issues.

And even though I value commitment and loyalty and respect within a relationship and I go by the morals and values taught by my mother my partner says anybody intention is untold when I clearly told her my intentions within our relationship and I am always who I am
Reply 5
Whatever she says she experienced within her high school in the past to girls I even reiterated it’s something she would never see within me I go maturity and I respect her feelings and I care about it a lot yet she considers that cheating when her friends man cheated on her behind her back going to meet a girl on several dates without her friend even knowing isn’t that known as cheating
Your partner doesn't understand what cheating means.
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
Your partner doesn't understand what cheating means.

Sometimes even myself I’m left clueless to why I get guilt tripped by her
It all depends. On the tone of the conversation, the type of guy you are, and the other girls intentions.
it isn't cheating. try and explain that to her.
Reply 10
Original post by nonchalant-
It all depends. On the tone of the conversation, the type of guy you are, and the other girls intentions.

Conversation was always kept to a collective and calm manner just a normal casual conversation baring in mind that I always needed to be respectful, nothing flirtatious or anything occurred, the type of guy I am I value the traits that make up a relationship, I value and show it whilst showing commitment, loyalty and priority to my partner at all time ensuring she’s prioritised kept happy, and the other girl intention was just to seek help and advice or family matters.
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
it isn't cheating. try and explain that to her.

I have however my partner is stubborn and counters anything to what I say every time I say it’s to be left alone and not bought up whatever happened was just falsely a misunderstanding and I know that she reacted to the way she did albeit she’s a little insecure

None of those things are directly cheating, it's a term with a specific meaning.
Reply 13
I don’t even understand another girl matter i.e my partner friend who most recently got cheated on by her man, why does it need to be involved in me and my partner relationship like I don’t give a about it and I’ve said before to her that other people’s matters should not interfere in our relationship or it will only cause quarrel and unnecessary arguments.
None of those things are directly cheating, it's a term with a specific meaning.

Yeah, if the tone in the converation is flirtatious, you're being disrespectful and that's cheating in my eyes.

Not saying that's what OP is doing. I haven't heard the convo.
Yeah, if the tone in the converation is flirtatious, you're being disrespectful and that's cheating in my eyes.

IMO while it may be disrespectful, suspicious or essentially a setup to cheating, it cannot be cheating, cheating is when you go behind your partners back for physical gratification, trying to force it to include whatever else just renders it meaningless, such as when its thrown around to describe people merely talking.
IMO while it may be disrespectful, suspicious or essentially a setup to cheating, it cannot be cheating, cheating is when you go behind your partners back for physical gratification, trying to force it to include whatever else just renders it meaningless, such as when its thrown around to describe people merely talking.

It's version of cheating honey.
Reply 17

Nope I would never do that or have I ever done that I love my partner and my commitment and loyalty is always pledged to my partner if I speak to another girl I speak in a respectful tone and manner staying within my limits and boundaries.
It's version of cheating honey.

As said, only if you want to dilute the term beyond meaning.

(You already admitted you don't know what the convo was, so you are just throwing the term around)
As said, only if you want to dilute the term beyond meaning.

(You already admitted you don't know what the convo was, so you are just throwing the term around)

I'm not throwing the term around. There's different types of cheating....

Maybe the OPs girlfriend views it as emotional cheating.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending