The Student Room Group

Should I forgive my cheating boyfriend?

I found out my boyfriend of a year has been cheating on my the whole time we’ve been together. I looked through his phone and found he had been sending nudes back and forth multiple times and swiping up on girls stories on Snapchat complimenting them. He said it was only virtual over the phone and he would never physically cheat on me and he has messed up. He also said that him risking losing me has made him realize he loves me more than he thought and never wants to lose me. I messaged the girl and she admitted they both would message each other when they was both horny, and he would send her money to help her out with money and they never slept together. Should I give him another chance or move on? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I found out my boyfriend of a year has been cheating on my the whole time we’ve been together. I looked through his phone and found he had been sending nudes back and forth multiple times and swiping up on girls stories on Snapchat complimenting them. He said it was only virtual over the phone and he would never physically cheat on me and he has messed up. He also said that him risking losing me has made him realize he loves me more than he thought and never wants to lose me. I messaged the girl and she admitted they both would message each other when they was both horny, and he would send her money to help her out with money and they never slept together. Should I give him another chance or move on? :frown:

Move on immediately.
Luv, what??? So he's been cheating on you the whole time you've been together and you haven't made your mind up yet? Let me make the decision for you: you dump him in the recycling bin right now and tape the lid shut.
Move on.

Move on, he’s entertaining another girl behind your back I mean no offence if anything your his girlfriend aren’t you and him supposed to be at the centre of focus and to be honest if he was respectful and loving of you so much why would he have girls on snap unless you were okay with it and you knew that on a personal note it was the purpose of friendship providing you had trust. If he even loved you he wouldn’t have done those things…move on…

Move on right now. Close the window that hurts. Trust me.

Hey, first off I am very sorry that this has happened to you. Second off, you should move on immediately.

No don't give the idiot another chance find someone who won't cheat
Don't listen to any of them, guys a keeper :borat:
Original post by StriderHort

Sarcasm?
Original post by StriderHort

You rascal.

Please learn from my mistake and break up with him now. I took back my ex who cheated on me and it was one of the worst decision I ever made, completely ruined me. I lost loads of weight, completely lost myself and now have major trust issues with anyone I meet. So please for your own sake do not give him another chance, it'll only get worse. Yeah it will be hell now for a couple of months I won't lie, but you'll come out the other side better than ever and you won't tolerate something like that again.
oh gosh please leave him
Reply 13

As a christian, I would say give him another chance, I understand all these others may say "Dump him!" but hes a human and so are you. That girl may have made him become a person he didnt want to be, After all if he truly didnt love you why would he fall in love with you at first. Of course i understand its troublesome to think "he cheated on me and lied to me why should i even listen to this stupid comment" and i fully can understand your troubles but believe me to forgive is to be the bigger person here, by forgiving him you are going to make him feel even worse about what he did because you probably loved him so much you were going to forgive him for that.
Reply 14
(Original post by Anonymous)I found out my boyfriend of a year has been cheating on my the whole time we’ve been together. I looked through his phone and found he had been sending nudes back and forth multiple times and swiping up on girls stories on Snapchat complimenting them. He said it was only virtual over the phone and he would never physically cheat on me and he has messed up. He also said that him risking losing me has made him realize he loves me more than he thought and never wants to lose me. I messaged the girl and she admitted they both would message each other when they was both horny, and he would send her money to help her out with money and they never slept together. Should I give him another chance or move on? :frown:

I don't think cheating is an automatic deal breaker for a relationship... it really depends on a lot of difference dynamics. But in this case, it's been repeated & intentional behavior over & over. Trust is obviously key in a relationship and how could you possibly have complete trust in him after all of this?
Original post by probsloms
As a christian, I would say give him another chance, I understand all these others may say "Dump him!" but hes a human and so are you. That girl may have made him become a person he didnt want to be, After all if he truly didnt love you why would he fall in love with you at first. Of course i understand its troublesome to think "he cheated on me and lied to me why should i even listen to this stupid comment" and i fully can understand your troubles but believe me to forgive is to be the bigger person here, by forgiving him you are going to make him feel even worse about what he did because you probably loved him so much you were going to forgive him for that.

She can forgive him over time if she pleases, but it would not be very loving to herself if she let him continuously wrong her. It is clear he shows no remorse. OP, dump him.
Original post by probsloms

It was not a one time thing or a drunken mistake. He is consciously choosing to do it with several different girls over and over. Sure, he is human, but so is OP. Should OP's feelings and trust be violated in the name of forgiveness and 'being the bigger person'? Trust actions not words. This boy does not love OP.
Reply 17
Everyone deserves a second chance. More seriously, dump his ass
No, because if he had any respect or love for you he wouldn't have done it in the first place and if he had any thought about you he would have ended it before cheating on you. People who love YOU don't need second chances!

Original post by Anonymous #1
Block him immediately omg-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending