The Student Room Group

Boy Problems 🙅*♀️

My boyfriend cheated on me, he got close with another girl, held her hand, had feelings for her etc. Twice. We broke up and he begged me to get back with him. He said he would wait for me. That same day I caught him flirting with someone else. We got back together a few days later but I can’t stop thinking about how he flirted with someone else and cheated. When I bring it up, he gets really upset and asks me why I bought it up.

Has anyone gone through this, if so what did you do? How do you think I should approach this?
Reply 1
Ditch him. He's broken your trust twice - which is two more occasions than you should have allowed - so you're always going to have these feelings of doubt about him.

And why would he get upset talking about it when he's the one who cheated? That's manipulative and trying to guilt-trip you into excusing his behaviour.
Original post by Anonymous #1
My boyfriend cheated on me, he got close with another girl, held her hand, had feelings for her etc. Twice. We broke up and he begged me to get back with him. He said he would wait for me. That same day I caught him flirting with someone else. We got back together a few days later but I can’t stop thinking about how he flirted with someone else and cheated. When I bring it up, he gets really upset and asks me why I bought it up.

Has anyone gone through this, if so what did you do? How do you think I should approach this?

“My boyfriend cheate-“ was already enough get a grip and focus on yourself boo

Cheating once would be enough for me to leave. What made you give him the chance to do it again?

That is the ultimate betrayal to most people. Chances are if he's already done it twice he's very likely to do so again (maybe not with you but another person).

Aside from breaking your trust it can also lead to other things such as lowering your self esteem, paranoia, or even catching something nasty from the other females he has been cheating on you with. Which may eventually get you infected!

So yes, discard him like the piece of rubbish he is!

You deserve better.
Reply 5

errr tbh, the best decision to do is to just be upfront with him and communicate and to make sure you both have mutual feelings towards each other and then confront him in a mannerly way and open up to his mistakes and that which made you upset if he carries on doing it then best decision is to push ur self away as there is no respect shown in the relationship.
he cheated on you twice and flirted with another girl when he said he'd wait for you. you honestly deserve better
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #2
“My boyfriend cheate-“ was already enough get a grip and focus on yourself boo

haha, yeah time to get my girl grip 😅
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous #3
Cheating once would be enough for me to leave. What made you give him the chance to do it again?

That is the ultimate betrayal to most people. Chances are if he's already done it twice he's very likely to do so again (maybe not with you but another person).

Aside from breaking your trust it can also lead to other things such as lowering your self esteem, paranoia, or even catching something nasty from the other females he has been cheating on you with. Which may eventually get you infected!

So yes, discard him like the piece of rubbish he is!

The first time I blamed myself. I thought it was because I wasn’t giving him enough, we were always arguing over little things and I always felt like I was hurting him. So I sort of forgave him as I justified it and let it slide. I realise now that is a big mistake.

Do not wanna get infected and I especially don’t want to be down in the ditch from this! Thank you
Reply 9
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
he cheated on you twice and flirted with another girl when he said he'd wait for you. you honestly deserve better

thank you, he’s a handful but not the type of handful that is willing to change i think
Reply 10
Original post by Surnia
Ditch him. He's broken your trust twice - which is two more occasions than you should have allowed - so you're always going to have these feelings of doubt about him.

And why would he get upset talking about it when he's the one who cheated? That's manipulative and trying to guilt-trip you into excusing his behaviour.

I don’t really know why he got upset, now that I look back I do see that it’s manipulative and guilt-tripping. I felt so bad that I was sort of blind enough to not realise what the true situation was?
Reply 11
Original post by Amzz7
errr tbh, the best decision to do is to just be upfront with him and communicate and to make sure you both have mutual feelings towards each other and then confront him in a mannerly way and open up to his mistakes and that which made you upset if he carries on doing it then best decision is to push ur self away as there is no respect shown in the relationship.

omw to do this now! i know if i ask him how he feels he would tell me he loves me, but he’s lied to me before about loving me and i can’t turn a blind eye to it. thank you for your advice!
Reply 12

omw to do this now! i know if i ask him how he feels he would tell me he loves me, but he’s lied to me before about loving me and i can’t turn a blind eye to it. thank you for your advice!

lemme know how it goes…
Reply 13
Original post by Amzz7
lemme know how it goes…

just spoke to him, it all came out. 😞 we spoke about what we didn’t like, like boundaries and I bought up the cheating. He said how can we move on, how can we do things if you keep bringing this up a few year later? i was like who says i will and he said, thats just how i act. he tried to excuse his flirty dirty joke talk by saying it’s just how guys act. however i spoke to him, tried to explain how i felt and now he seems really remorseful. he just seems so upset now. honestly, i don’t know what else to do anymore. seems like he just feels like he’s always doing something wrong and i feel bad for him now:frown:
just spoke to him, it all came out. 😞 we spoke about what we didn’t like, like boundaries and I bought up the cheating. He said how can we move on, how can we do things if you keep bringing this up a few year later? i was like who says i will and he said, thats just how i act. he tried to excuse his flirty dirty joke talk by saying it’s just how guys act. however i spoke to him, tried to explain how i felt and now he seems really remorseful. he just seems so upset now. honestly, i don’t know what else to do anymore. seems like he just feels like he’s always doing something wrong and i feel bad for him now:frown:

It's good he's showing remorse. But I don't think him palming off cheating as 'it's just how guys act' is a reasonable excuse for me. Unless all his friends are unfaithful too lol... (I'm a guy and never cheated neither have my friends)

It's also not his place to say "what's the point if you bring it up every few years" as he's the one in the wrong. Again emotional manipulation

But yeah you may feel bad now but remember you're the real victim here and don't let the tables be turned on that.
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous #3

It's good he's showing remorse. But I don't think him palming off cheating as 'it's just how guys act' is a reasonable excuse for me. Unless all his friends are unfaithful too lol... (I'm a guy and never cheated neither have my friends)

It's also not his place to say "what's the point if you bring it up every few years" as he's the one in the wrong. Again emotional manipulation

But yeah you may feel bad now but remember you're the real victim here and don't let the tables be turned on that.

I honestly don’t know much about “if it’s just a guy friend”. He’s the first guy I’ve been with officially and I wouldn’t be surprised if his friends did the same thing that he did.

That is true, he just seems so vulnerable. Like he starts crying over the phone even if I mention it and I’m not entirely sure how to feel about that, like I appreciate the concern and remorse he feels, but I’m starting to think that’s just as fake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending