The Student Room Group

Please help me decide Course for University

I am confused between Computer Science and Physics degrees.
I love Physics but also have the mathematical knowledge to learn Computer science.
But I am also a thinker who loves to think about fundamental and existential problems, and have good understanding of Humanities. So I can do well in Philosophy too.
Should I go for CS,CS and Philosophy or Physics? I am thinking I might have made a mistake to change my Summer School subject from Physics to CS but I amnot sure about whether I will enjoy CS as much as Philosophy, Physics or not. Although it is a good choice career-wise, I might as well do CS after a Physics degree?.
Reply 1
Original post by Saksham Kapoor
I am confused between Computer Science and Physics degrees.
I love Physics but also have the mathematical knowledge to learn Computer science.
But I am also a thinker who loves to think about fundamental and existential problems, and have good understanding of Humanities. So I can do well in Philosophy too.
Should I go for CS,CS and Philosophy or Physics? I am thinking I might have made a mistake to change my Summer School subject from Physics to CS but I amnot sure about whether I will enjoy CS as much as Philosophy, Physics or not. Although it is a good choice career-wise, I might as well do CS after a Physics degree?.

CS is good for a successful career with relatively easy money.
Physics you will not get much of easy money, or a good job unless you have a PhD at minimum, but if you enjoy it you can be well respected and successful later in life.
Philosophy, I doubt studying it at University is worthwhile, maybe look for a dual degree with either CS or Physics, if you are still interested.
Why not also look for CS and Physics combined degrees, if any unis have something like that? At the end of the day, its about your interest.
Use this to look for unis that do computer science and physics as a joint honours.

https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=Computer Science/Physics
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
Use this to look for unis that do computer science and physics as a joint honours.

https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/results/providers?searchTerm=Computer Science/Physics

Thanks. I will look into it. But I still have the doubt remaining that I might not be as good in Computer Science as I am in Physics and Mathematics. How to know if I will enjoy the subject or not?
Original post by Saksham Kapoor
Thanks. I will look into it. But I still have the doubt remaining that I might not be as good in Computer Science as I am in Physics and Mathematics. How to know if I will enjoy the subject or not?

Look at the modules

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending