The Student Room Group

Student Finance Query (SFW)

Hi there,

I be going back to university in September 2023 after having a 2 year gap due to covid and everything moved online and I got a place on a full time course. I did 4 years of university as I have to repeat my foundation year due to the lack of support from my previous institute. When I got to year 1 (2019/2020) I suffered with anxiety and needed to be put on medication and got even worse when covid hit and the university had to close and everything inclduing exams went online. I also had health issues back then. Once I passed my 1st year and got to my 2nd year (2020/21) I had some health issues and needed to have surgery done to see what was wrong with me. I decided to give my 2nd year ago and it went okay but did not get sufficient support from the university again and got poor grades and could not progress to my final year. I decided this university was not for me and the course I found it a bit boring. From then I went to look for work and take a 2 year gap from university and study something I enjoy and did a bit of research and decided to study software engineering and got a place on the course. I don't think I be able to get funded since I used my support for previous years and could go down the part time route, but I may have to travel to London and do my course over there since they do not offer part time in Cardiff. I try speaking to SFW but they do not have a webchat or Direct message. Please help me with this query.
Original post by Lion1996
Hi there,

I be going back to university in September 2023 after having a 2 year gap due to covid and everything moved online and I got a place on a full time course. I did 4 years of university as I have to repeat my foundation year due to the lack of support from my previous institute. When I got to year 1 (2019/2020) I suffered with anxiety and needed to be put on medication and got even worse when covid hit and the university had to close and everything inclduing exams went online. I also had health issues back then. Once I passed my 1st year and got to my 2nd year (2020/21) I had some health issues and needed to have surgery done to see what was wrong with me. I decided to give my 2nd year ago and it went okay but did not get sufficient support from the university again and got poor grades and could not progress to my final year. I decided this university was not for me and the course I found it a bit boring. From then I went to look for work and take a 2 year gap from university and study something I enjoy and did a bit of research and decided to study software engineering and got a place on the course. I don't think I be able to get funded since I used my support for previous years and could go down the part time route, but I may have to travel to London and do my course over there since they do not offer part time in Cardiff. I try speaking to SFW but they do not have a webchat or Direct message. Please help me with this query.

Hi there, You can chat to an advisor in your online account.

Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

You will only see the webchat option if there is an advisor available.
Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending