The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I've been told that too. They rung me today sayin that they have found me private accommodation but cannot tell me where until thursday!

Did u aplly through clearing?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Cold_sky
by Leicester uni that theyve had so many people get in this year that theyve had to look for private sector accommodation for students. And it looks like Ill be going into that accommodation rather than halls :frown: Anyone else having this problem?

Hey, I've been told that too. They rung me today sayin that they have found me private accommodation but cannot tell me where until thursday!

Did u apply through clearing?
Reply 3
If you applied through clearing then the University cannot guarantee you University accommodation but they do help you find somewhere to live.

Most Universities have this policy, its not just Leicester.
Reply 4
I don't know why they don't re open college hall.
Usman938
I don't know why they don't re open college hall.

Me either, although, it's pretty derelict!
Reply 6
sweetfloss
Me either, although, it's pretty derelict!

Mary Gees is hardly the Ritz :p:
Reply 7
i walked past it today.. looekd alright
Usman938
Mary Gees is hardly the Ritz :p:

Nah, but there aren't plants growing through the walls and stuff :p:
Reply 9
sweetfloss
Nah, but there aren't plants growing through the walls and stuff :p:

indoor botanic gardens.:rolleyes:
Reply 10
clare141189

Did u apply through clearing?

No I didnt apply through clearing, I applied well within the deadline for accommodation for catered halls, and now it seems I get self-catered private accommodation :mad:
Reply 11
Cold_sky
No I didnt apply through clearing, I applied well within the deadline for accommodation for catered halls, and now it seems I get self-catered private accommodation :mad:

That sucks.
Leicester said they could try get 1st years accommodation too...

How long after did you apply?
Reply 12
Tombola
That sucks.
Leicester said they could try get 1st years accommodation too...

How long after did you apply?

I know, wont survive too well in self-catered as I cant cook that well :frown: hehe
I sent the accommodation stuff off just over a week after the paperwork came through I think. And only just got a call yesterday from the uni to tell me Im going to be in private accommodation managed by the uni :mad:
Reply 13
Hmm i want to learn how to drive after seeing my timetable i don't really see any point in living there (i live in Birmingham), but i know you are tied down to the contract the whole academic year. If i learnt how to drive i probably would leave in the 2nd semester. Could i possibly give my room to someone, and they take over the contract if i decided to commute?
Mary Gee was sold at the end of the year before last, it should be long gone by now but there was an unanticipated boom in lickle firsties. You might want to keep in contact with the accomodation office, see if they have anywhere for you to move to, they'll be the usual drop-out and visa-declined people, you might get into freeman's or Nixon. Good luck learning to cook!
Reply 15
Crissi
Hmm i want to learn how to drive after seeing my timetable i don't really see any point in living there (i live in Birmingham), but i know you are tied down to the contract the whole academic year. If i learnt how to drive i probably would leave in the 2nd semester. Could i possibly give my room to someone, and they take over the contract if i decided to commute?

I'm from Birmingham too.

Driving from Brum to Leicester and then back again everyday is quite a mission don't you think?

I'm guessing it would be even harder in your 2nd and 3rd years when theres even more work to do, best to be living closer to the University IMO.
Reply 16
The Menace
I'm from Birmingham too.

Driving from Brum to Leicester and then back again everyday is quite a mission don't you think?

I'm guessing it would be even harder in your 2nd and 3rd years when theres even more work to do, best to be living closer to the University IMO.

Hmm yea i guess, i will see how it goes this year and then decide by the end of the first year.
Reply 17
Its all good now, kept bugging the accommodations office about it until coincidentally (:rolleyes: ) a room in Gilbert Murray/Stamford Halls became available
Reply 18
Cold_sky
Its all good now, kept bugging the accommodations office about it until coincidentally (:rolleyes: ) a room in Gilbert Murray/Stamford Halls became available

ooo nice!
Do you know where abouts it is?
GMS is the best hall ever :biggrin:
Reply 19
~NC~

GMS is the best hall ever :biggrin:

Except for Beaumont, and John Foster. And Digby for that matter :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending