The Student Room Group

IN Y11 what do i do ab my english LIT?

my teachers useless and our whole class is failing so i cant count on him to help me with anything.

Im doing aqa english lit

Macbeth
The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
A taste of honey
Power and Conflict 15 poems

My exams in april i think and we havent even covered 12 of the poems and a taste of honey.
im so unprepared iv asked the head of english i could move to a different class and they refused ‘bc its too late in the year now’

my predicted grade is a 7 and i dont know how on earth i will reach it when im getting 3s in all of my essays

is there anybody who can help? any good advice or resources but also how do i even structure my essays

Iv been taught to do these 5 paragraphs but i feel like its limiting me and its capping me to a maximum of a grade 5 i dont know tbh:
Intro
Initially,
As the novel/novella progresses,
Ultimately,
Conclusion

i dont even know how to write a concept.
i cant even analysis quotes im struggling with A03

iv tried asking teacher for help tbh they have no clue what they are doing and most of the time v had a supply teacher bc hes been ill for a month. Iv been told Mr bruff Mr salles and Mr everything english are good and so are PMT however none of it seems to be helping.

shall i just give up because i dont think its possible for me to even get a grade 4 nevermind a 7.
Reply 1
Original post by Unknown72927
my teachers useless and our whole class is failing so i cant count on him to help me with anything.

Im doing aqa english lit

Macbeth
The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
A taste of honey
Power and Conflict 15 poems

My exams in april i think and we havent even covered 12 of the poems and a taste of honey.
im so unprepared iv asked the head of english i could move to a different class and they refused ‘bc its too late in the year now’

my predicted grade is a 7 and i dont know how on earth i will reach it when im getting 3s in all of my essays

is there anybody who can help? any good advice or resources but also how do i even structure my essays

Iv been taught to do these 5 paragraphs but i feel like its limiting me and its capping me to a maximum of a grade 5 i dont know tbh:
Intro
Initially,
As the novel/novella progresses,
Ultimately,
Conclusion

i dont even know how to write a concept.
i cant even analysis quotes im struggling with A03

iv tried asking teacher for help tbh they have no clue what they are doing and most of the time v had a supply teacher bc hes been ill for a month. Iv been told Mr bruff Mr salles and Mr everything english are good and so are PMT however none of it seems to be helping.

shall i just give up because i dont think its possible for me to even get a grade 4 nevermind a 7.

https://open.substack.com/pub/thelamenewsletter/p/how-i-achieved-full-marks-160160?r=1tmrcj&utm_medium=ios&utm_campaign=post

Never give up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending