The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship or Uni?

Hello guys

Is a degree apprenticeship equivalent to a university degree?

Does apprenticeships require written exams?

How many levels of apprenticeship are there and what are each levels equivalent too?
Original post by Armaan247
Hello guys

Is a degree apprenticeship equivalent to a university degree?

Does apprenticeships require written exams?

How many levels of apprenticeship are there and what are each levels equivalent too?

On a degree apprenticeship you would usually undertake a degree with a nominated university as part of the course - it could be through day release (one day a week whilst the others are in the workplace) or block release (a week or two out of the workplace to study).

The apprenticeship itself would require a level of written work, however the majority of exams specifically will usually come from the degree element.

Out of interest, what sector are you considering an apprenticeship in?

There's a great hub here on TSR with useful info on apprenticeships: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/apprenticeships/
Original post by brainzistheword
On a degree apprenticeship you would usually undertake a degree with a nominated university as part of the course - it could be through day release (one day a week whilst the others are in the workplace) or block release (a week or two out of the workplace to study).

The apprenticeship itself would require a level of written work, however the majority of exams specifically will usually come from the degree element.

Out of interest, what sector are you considering an apprenticeship in?

There's a great hub here on TSR with useful info on apprenticeships: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/apprenticeships/

Hi there thank you for letting me know about the degree apprenticeship and the apprenticeship itself.

I am interested in any sector of IT so possibly cybersecurity, network engineering, web development or digital marketing.
Original post by Armaan247
Hi there thank you for letting me know about the degree apprenticeship and the apprenticeship itself.

I am interested in any sector of IT so possibly cybersecurity, network engineering, web development or digital marketing.

No problem! I'd recommend using an apprenticeship search function to find apprenticeships of interest. That should allow you to read up on them and see how different employers structure their schemes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending