The Student Room Group

Art application to Edinburgh Uni

For the mini-portfolio for Edinburgh Uni it says to upload up to 10 images of sketchbook work, 10 of resolved work and 5 influence images. I am unsure whether or not in each of these images we are supposed to show a single piece of work or collage several images of work together. For example, would showing several images of sketchbook work rather than a single page in one of the images for sketchbook work be ideal? Also, would showing 3 projects be sufficient or would more be better? Thanks.
Original post by Madison4
For the mini-portfolio for Edinburgh Uni it says to upload up to 10 images of sketchbook work, 10 of resolved work and 5 influence images. I am unsure whether or not in each of these images we are supposed to show a single piece of work or collage several images of work together. For example, would showing several images of sketchbook work rather than a single page in one of the images for sketchbook work be ideal? Also, would showing 3 projects be sufficient or would more be better? Thanks.

Personally in some of my portfolios I’ve included photos with more than one image in them such as photos of my sketchbook work with writing and artwork etc, but also some i used with one piece individually so that the uni staff will be able to see the artwork/photograph more clearly and closely

I think you’d be able to do this but you could email or call the uni just to be sure if you wanted
I’d try to show maybe a bit more than 3 if you can but the photos they’re asking from you seem a bit different to what i have used for portfolios so you might want to ask the uni itself to clarify
If they’re asking for 10 images of resolved work I would expect that to be 5-10 pieces of work (unless your only medium is 3d and requires multiple images to display each piece).
Reply 4
Original post by honeymoontea
Personally in some of my portfolios I’ve included photos with more than one image in them such as photos of my sketchbook work with writing and artwork etc, but also some i used with one piece individually so that the uni staff will be able to see the artwork/photograph more clearly and closely

I think you’d be able to do this but you could email or call the uni just to be sure if you wanted

Thanks, that’s helpful to know!
Original post by Madison4
Thanks, that’s helpful to know!

Nws, glad to help

Quick Reply

Latest