The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For which text? I remember doing 'Lord of the Flies' and 'Power and Conflict' for the poetry section if that helps.
Reply 2
Original post by KaziMahathir
For which text? I remember doing 'Lord of the Flies' and 'Power and Conflict' for the poetry section if that helps.

‘Power and conflict
Reply 3
An Inspector Calls was “how does Priestley present guilt in the play” I can’t remember the other question there was. Power and Conflict poetry was “how does the poet present the affect of war in War Photographer and one other poem” the unseen poem was about some guy who lived in a caravan
I remember doing the paper in 2019 as it was my actual GCSE. If I remember correctly, 'War Photographer' came up.
Reply 5
Original post by skent6
An Inspector Calls was “how does Priestley present guilt in the play” I can’t remember the other question there was. Power and Conflict poetry was “how does the poet present the affect of war in War Photographer and one other poem” the unseen poem was about some guy who lived in a caravan

Thanks 😊
Reply 6
The cheating in this thread is astonishing. Morals are just a thing of the past, I guess.
Reply 7
Original post by Tolgash
The cheating in this thread is astonishing. Morals are just a thing of the past, I guess.

No one asked you to be a part of it if you’re so against it
Reply 8
Original post by skent6
No one asked you to be a part of it if you’re so against it

I'm not a part of it. I'm just disgusted by it.
Original post by Tolgash

LOOOOOL
Reply 10
Original post by Tolgash
I'm not a part of it. I'm just disgusted by it.

Well 1) you are part of it because you decided to post on this thread 2) disgusted is a strong word hun. Anyway in English Lit you can know the question and still do rubbish because it assesses your quality of analysis of language, structure and form so anyway this person may just be doing some practice and wanted a past question or maybe to predict what may come up this year so again strong allegations of cheating
Original post by skent6
Well 1) you are part of it because you decided to post on this thread 2) disgusted is a strong word hun. Anyway in English Lit you can know the question and still do rubbish because it assesses your quality of analysis of language, structure and form so anyway this person may just be doing some practice and wanted a past question or maybe to predict what may come up this year so again strong allegations of cheating

Tolgash is not part of this cheating :nah: their contribution to the thread was condemning your actions. Giving someone the questions gives them a big advantage over their peers, an unfair advantage. There are hundreds of questions every year about the questions on locked papers, 99% of those are nov-feb which are prime time for mocks, so it’s fair to assume that’s why the question was asked.
Original post by skent6

Just because I posted on this thread, it does not mean that I was complicit. I was a part of the thread, but not the plan to get questions from locked papers. I wanted to make a comment about the nature of the thread. I did not want to engage in cheating. Other posters on this thread are asking for questions from locked papers or providing them, which is cheating. I am doing neither.

It doesn't matter what is assessed; questions from locked papers should not be accessed online. You should only be able to get them from teachers or exam officers, because they know your intentions and whether you should have the paper(s). They're locked for a reason. This is disgusting.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by skent6

But you can still compare ‘Remains’ or ‘Exposure’ poem? Right
Thanks for your sincerely but no one is asking you so better to shussssshh
Original post by April Patel
Thanks for your sincerely but no one is asking you so better to shussssshh

I don't need someone to ask me.
Reply 16
Original post by Tolgash
Just because I posted on this thread, it does not mean that I was complicit. I was a part of the thread, but not the plan to get questions from locked papers. I wanted to make a comment about the nature of the thread. I did not want to engage in cheating. Other posters on this thread are asking for questions from locked papers or providing them, which is cheating. I am doing neither.

It doesn't matter what is assessed; questions from locked papers should not be accessed online. You should only be able to get them from teachers or exam officers, because they know your intentions and whether you should have the paper(s). They're locked for a reason. This is disgusting.

Don’t see why you’ve got such a problem it’s not like what I’m sharing is to do with a future exam the exams happened I sat it it’s not like what’s in a past paper should be locked up in a cupboard and never spoken about again. Ask any current year 13 they’ll remember they had to compare War Photographer but under your ideology we’re supposed to forget it and keep it secret. THE EXAM HAS BEEN SAT. Teachers are bound to use it for mocks it’s not locked when you look at it in that sense. Get a grip
Reply 17
But you can still compare ‘Remains’ or ‘Exposure’ poem? Right

Yeah I used Poppies but most of my year used Remains and Exposure
Original post by skent6
Don’t see why you’ve got such a problem it’s not like what I’m sharing is to do with a future exam the exams happened I sat it it’s not like what’s in a past paper should be locked up in a cupboard and never spoken about again. Ask any current year 13 they’ll remember they had to compare War Photographer but under your ideology we’re supposed to forget it and keep it secret. THE EXAM HAS BEEN SAT. Teachers are bound to use it for mocks it’s not locked when you look at it in that sense. Get a grip

It doesn't matter. The awarding body releases the past paper to the public when it feels it's appropriate. At that point, the paper probably won't be used by teachers for mocks (future past papers will be used). These exams may be used for future mocks, so pupils should not have access to any information about them at all. Mocks are meant to be a level playing field and emulate the conditions of the real thing, in which you won't know anything about the paper's contents, to give teacher's an accurate idea of pupils' performance. Thus, imformation about potebtual mock papers should be undisclosed.

If pupils want to cheat using that method, let them. However, we should not make it easier in any way, shape or form. Doing this gives more opportunities to cheat because a pupil can search online rather than find someone who sat the exam. If we can avoid giving this opportunity, we should.

It's locked from pupils, but not from teachers. They are the only ones allowed access, and they can give the papers to a pupil if they feel it's right to. Unless pupils are allowed to access it on the website, the details shouldn't be revealed when they do not need to be.
(edited 3 years ago)
‘Power and conflict

Hi. I did it. It was war photographer and they ask about effects of war..?
or the individual of war? i cant remember exactly. sorry!

Latest

Trending

Trending