The Student Room Group

Are gcses cancelled?????

boris was real unclear can someone who knows clear this up

Scroll to see replies

So from what I gather yes the normal end of year GCSE tests that we are used to are cancelled, but i do not know yet how they plan to award grades
Reply 2
Original post by Jessica03
So from what I gather yes the normal end of year GCSE tests that we are used to are cancelled, but i do not know yet how they plan to award grades

on the news he said hes going to discuss with ofqual does that mean for sure not going to happen or what? coz i dont want to celebrate to early yk.
Original post by Benji8492
on the news he said hes going to discuss with ofqual does that mean for sure not going to happen or what? coz i dont want to celebrate to early yk.

He said it is not ‘possible or fair’ for students to take exams, but I wouldn’t celebreate just yet. God knows what he’ll do next
Reply 4
He said it is not ‘possible or fair’ for students to take exams, but I wouldn’t celebreate just yet. God knows what he’ll do next

should i keep revising then do you think? are you doing gcses as well?

I'm doing them and I don't know what the **** is going on or what is going to happen :indiff: Some people are saying there will be no exams, others are saying there will be alternatives. I'm just going to keep revising like my mocks are going to happen because Boris changes his plans every 5 seconds

Hello there!

Hope you are OK after hearing the news! If you need any support, there are a few sites/phone numbers on the cancellation of exams megathread. Please do use them if you need to!

I would recommend revising for your exams as normal because we still don’t know what will be happening regarding our exams (CAG’s/internal assessments etc)
(edited 3 years ago)
boris was real unclear can someone who knows clear this up

He said they would not be taking place "normally" this year, so it would mean they are cancelled.
However, he said another form of assessment would happen, so idk what they will do, but they may use your mock results (if you did them) & predictions for your final grade, like last year.
It is a bit uncertain now, but I'm sure the exam boards will clear it up soon. For now, I would say keep revising so not lose all the hard work you have done so far.
Reply 8

Yeah and apparently we are not going by predicted graces anymore either....

delete this its spam
Original post by theoneyoulove
delete this its spam

So? Students that are freaking out about their exams being cancelled deserve the right to have a voice and stand up for what they want. Therefore, if someone feels they want exams, I've just given them somewhere to show it
Reply 13
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
So? Students that are freaking out about their exams being cancelled deserve the right to have a voice and stand up for what they want. Therefore, if someone feels they want exams, I've just given them somewhere to show it

yeah it was helpful
Reply 14
Original post by 273544
Yeah and apparently we are not going by predicted graces anymore either....

wdym we're not going to get predicted grades?
wdym we're not going to get predicted grades?

They may use another form/arrangement of assessment
But I'm sure they will take it into account
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Raptor Jesus

yeah exactly that
Reply 17
Original post by Raptor Jesus

I need to get my predicted grades to apply for a different sixth form so what will i put?
yeah it was helpful

How you feeling about all of this?
I need to get my predicted grades to apply for a different sixth form so what will i put?

Contact your school for your pred grades, and then you can use those for your application.

Quick Reply

Latest