The Student Room Group

Bath or SOAS? (International Relations and Chinese)

I'm holding offers for International Relations and Chinese at both universities (at Bath it's called International Politics and Mandarin if that matters) - I'm not sure about which one is better for the course itself and postgraduate opportunities, and they seem similar in most other aspects such as social life, location.
Original post by TheOtherTeam
I'm holding offers for International Relations and Chinese at both universities (at Bath it's called International Politics and Mandarin if that matters) - I'm not sure about which one is better for the course itself and postgraduate opportunities, and they seem similar in most other aspects such as social life, location.

Heya! I'm Lizzie, a SOAS Digital Ambassador, and I'm also a fourth-year studying Chinese and International Relations.
I've really enjoyed my time at SOAS, and what I really appreciate about the course is that there are a lot of opportunities that allow me to combine my interest in IR and Chinese. For example, I'm taking an IR course on Taiwanese politics (speaking Chinese is really helpful for accessing sources!) and I'm doing my dissertation on the Belt and Road Initiative. Living in London has been great too - I've completed two China-related internships which I'm not sure I would have had access to if I wasn't in London. If you have any other questions about SOAS or studying Chinese and IR please let me know!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending