The Student Room Group

a level choices

so i want to do architecture, but im only about to start my a levels in september. im going to choose physics because im sure ill be able to get a 7 (the grade requirement) and i want to chose maths. maths is a hope but i also need to get a 7 and theres a chance i might not. as well as this, my school does not offer a design based a level so i dont know what 3rd a level to pick.

i was thinking maybe buissness or economics, but if i dont get a 7 in maths ill have to do both.

would that be a waste of time?
As far as I’m aware unis don’t like it when someone does business and economics. It’s usually one or the other.
girl in my school is applying to architecture and she does physics, maths and art !! So maybe that ?
Reply 3
Original post by robbiesimons11
so i want to do architecture, but im only about to start my a levels in september. im going to choose physics because im sure ill be able to get a 7 (the grade requirement) and i want to chose maths. maths is a hope but i also need to get a 7 and theres a chance i might not. as well as this, my school does not offer a design based a level so i dont know what 3rd a level to pick.

i was thinking maybe buissness or economics, but if i dont get a 7 in maths ill have to do both.

would that be a waste of time?

ucas recommends taking a maths/science alevel along with art or a design alevel, but if your school doesn't offer it maybe physics is your best bet?
Original post by etohin
ucas recommends taking a maths/science alevel along with art or a design alevel, but if your school doesn't offer it maybe physics is your best bet?

yeah, physics is basically a definite. like i mentioned, hopefully ill be able to do math, in which case its just a matter of which ones better out of economics or business. the worry is if i don't reach the grade for math, what to chose if i don't want to do both economics and buisness. i would have loved to do an art and design course but unfortunately my school doesn't offer it, so i will have to do that in my spare time. this brings 2 problems however because 1, i wont get an official qualification or an a level from this, and 2 buisness and economics are both heavily essay based subjects which would leave me little free time to learn and build a portfolio

Quick Reply

Latest