The Student Room Group

HELP ME IN BIOLOGY (IAL) january 2021

Guys im doing biology unit 4 in like 4 days and i still haven’t revised because i had so much exams. What advices do you give me ?? What can i do in 4 days besides doing past papers? I didn’t even learn the spec at the start and im just relying on my half ass understanding😭.
Also if anyone has notes they can share please do. Im so clueless and anxious. I need an A in biology because im applying for medicine (i got A in as level) and i always studied biology alot but this year i never studied it. My issue is i have p3 test on January 14 which is a day after my biology test so I can’t revise biology only. Im also really terrible in math and all i did was memorize the formulas , I didn’t do any paper until now. I really think il fail both of the exams this time. Please give me any tips , notes , advices. Im literally so lost and i feel like suiciding.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Valerialk
Guys im doing biology unit 4 in like 4 days and i still haven’t revised because i had so much exams. What advices do you ghahaive me ?? What can i do in 4 days besides doing past papers? I didn’t even learn the spec at the start and im just relying on my half ass understanding😭.
Also if anyone has notes they can share please do. Im so clueless and anxious. I need an A in biology because im applying for medicine (i got A in as level) and i always studied biology alot but this year i never studied it. My issue is i have p3 test on January 14 which is a day after my biology test so I can’t revise biology only. Im also really terrible in math and all i did was memorize the formulas , I didn’t do any paper until now. I really think il fail both of the exams this time. Please give me any tips , notes , advices. Im literally so lost and i feel like suiciding.

before i can help you, what exam boards plz?
i dont think you should kill yourself either,

i read that it's not healthy
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Im doing biology edexcel IAL
this will help u for biology

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/biology-revision/a-level-edexcel-ial/

revise how u see fit - whether revsion notes, then flashcards [ that's what i'd do]
or whatever, just make sure you know it all

last day test urself with a lil test, most important thing

for maths

also do an exam, to see where ur at - link just underneath
only thing u can do is see how well u do -

for the topics u struggle with,
https://www.examsolutions.net/international-exams/edexcel/

find the right tutorial, and usually he has practice questions within the vids
excellent source - very reliable, 5 stars from me :biggrin:

but if u feel u need more practise on the topic - https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/maths-revision/
has plenty more

hope it helps :smile:

if u need more help with maths, like a question, or anything else feel free to message me

work hard, u got this

Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)
one more thing, if u did want a bio exam, here are plenty

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/past-papers/a-level-biology/edexcel-unit-4/

for ur unit 4

ok thats all ✌️
Reply 6
Okay i will do that. Thank you so so much. ❤️❤️❤️YOU LITERALLY SAVED ME 😭
https://www.youtube.com/user/WillandyBFH

HURRY!

Get to the playlist section of this channel and look for the UNIT 4 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS PLAYLIST.
It will literally help you quite significantly!
WATCH ALL unit 4 vids!

If you don't have time, solve 2019 and 2020 ALL PAPERS including october 2020 OLD AND NEW SYLLABUS as well the SPECIMEN paper WHILE SEEING THE MARK SCHEME without a timer. This will get you to know the common marking points in the mark schemes.

However, make sure you understand ALL content.

REALLY, don't ever memorize. UNDERSTAND THE CONTENT and you'll surely do very well on your exam.

Please reply to this message if you need further help.
Reply 8
Okay thank you alot. Im planing to do the 2020 and 2019 and 2018 papers within these 2 days😭idk if il finish but i hope i can. Also i rely on my memorizing skill the most but i just read couple of notes for the topics today and i kinda have an idea about it. I will watch the unit 4 videos , so thanks again for sending the playlist. Also do you think i can get an A If i work hard in those 2 days?? I already have an A in as level im just worried about unit 4 because this time I didn’t study at all.
Guys im doing biology unit 4 in like 4 days and i still haven’t revised because i had so much exams. What advices do you give me ?? What can i do in 4 days besides doing past papers? I didn’t even learn the spec at the start and im just relying on my half ass understanding😭.

Hey So i’m doing the same exams as you I had chem unit 4 2 days ago and Bio unit 4 and math P3 on the 13/14 Jan and i’m stressed ASF but here is a link that can help with bio theyre notes

https://hsrevisionnotes.com/index.php/a-level/biology/
Okay thank you alot. Im planing to do the 2020 and 2019 and 2018 papers within these 2 days😭idk if il finish but i hope i can. Also i rely on my memorizing skill the most but i just read couple of notes for the topics today and i kinda have an idea about it. I will watch the unit 4 videos , so thanks again for sending the playlist. Also do you think i can get an A If i work hard in those 2 days?? I already have an A in as level im just worried about unit 4 because this time I didn’t study at all.

hey!
im in a similar situation too.Honestly,id tell u not to worry much if youre going to do the most recent papers especially seeing that uve achieved an a in AS.The new syllabus exams relies alot more on understanding and application
Reply 11
Original post by n3002our
hey!
im in a similar situation too.Honestly,id tell u not to worry much if youre going to do the most recent papers especially seeing that uve achieved an a in AS.The new syllabus exams relies alot more on understanding and application

Okay thank you alot. 😭Imma just try my best and whatever happens happens. Because at this point im so tired , i just want it to be over. Good luck ❤️i hope we both do great.

Hi! I’m also doing Bio and p3 next week. I would revise using the physics and maths tutor notes, and when u see u know everything, go do two or three past papers. Honestly, with Bio, it all depends on the mark scheme... that’s why the grade boundaries are relatively low (compared to chemistry for example)
for p3 you really have to identify you weak topics and do as many examples as you can.
I wish you good luck, and I would love to hear how it went afterwards (for bio and p3) , cause not many people do bio in my school. If u r in Europe, I believe our exams start at the same time.
good luck !!
Original post by MAria12.
Hi! I’m also doing Bio and p3 next week. I would revise using the physics and maths tutor notes, and when u see u know everything, go do two or three past papers. Honestly, with Bio, it all depends on the mark scheme... that’s why the grade boundaries are relatively low (compared to chemistry for example)
for p3 you really have to identify you weak topics and do as many examples as you can.
I wish you good luck, and I would love to hear how it went afterwards (for bio and p3) , cause not many people do bio in my school. If u r in Europe, I believe our exams start at the same time.
good luck !!

Same i’m doing bio and p3 this week! Very nervous especially for the bio because of there specific mark schemes
do u guys have any predictions about what topics/qs will come in unit 4 bio?
Reply 15
good luck !!

Okay i will do that , also i hate how strict the biology marking scheme is. 😭Thank you so much !! I am in the middle east. But i will update you on how my test goes ❤️
Reply 16
good luck !!

Hey how do u think of the bio exam ? It was terrible the worst I’ve ever done in bio and even worst i studied so much barely slept and it wasn’t worth it at all. The paper was just analytical and they didn’t test our knowledge at all. I memorized and understood for nothing. And tomorrow is my p3 test I didn’t even study math to do well in it and it was still *****y af.
Hi! Sorry I forgot to reply. Overall, Bio was terrible. I hated the beetles question and the last question. I hated the whole exam. It was really hard, and I need more time. I’m hoping for a nice mark scheme and nice grade boundaries.P3 went fine. Didn’t struggle with anything specific. Just hoping I didn’t make too many silly mistakes. Hope we all get some great results tomorrow !
Reply 18
Hi! Sorry I forgot to reply. Overall, Bio was terrible. I hated the beetles question and the last question. I hated the whole exam. It was really hard, and I need more time. I’m hoping for a nice mark scheme and nice grade boundaries.P3 went fine. Didn’t struggle with anything specific. Just hoping I didn’t make too many silly mistakes. Hope we all get some great results tomorrow !

Im concerned about the results. 😭please tell me the grade boundaries when u see them and update me on ur mark. I hope we both did well.
Im concerned about the results. 😭please tell me the grade boundaries when u see them and update me on ur mark. I hope we both did well.

Hi! I got my results. Does someone know the grade boundaries for January 2021. Like how many ums marks for an A*?

Latest