The Student Room Group

CatusStarbright's working-from-home-alone blog!

Scroll to see replies

I'm disappointed that I didn't get round to doing my dissertation today. I lost quite a bit of time by going to try and buy a highlighter to replace the one I have that is in its death throes to no avail, and in getting trapped in a call to my family for 90 minutes this afternoon. I also had a careers-related event this evening which took up over an hour and a half, and by the time it ended at 7.45pm I knew I was too tired to properly focus on it. I think I just need to rest and re-focus, so I can tackle it properly tomorrow.
Tasks for today (Wednesday 24th February):

Complete Cyberlaw seminar prep for tomorrow (completed as of 3.15pm)

Watch lectures 5 and 6 for Trusts and completed the associated directed tasks (completed as of 1.30pm)

Do 90 minutes of dissertation work (completed as of 5.55pm, writing almost 500 words)

Take the Murray and Gerber books back to the library (completed as of 4.15pm)

(edited 3 years ago)
I have finished all my tasks for the day! I've not finished this early for days, which is fantastic. I now have plenty of time to get tea made before my virtual Aikido class, which will keep me occupied this evening.
Tasks for today (Thursday 25th February):

Attend my Cyberlaw seminar (completed as of 5pm)

Do the textbook reading for next week's Trusts seminar (completed as of 1.30pm)

Do 90 minutes of dissertation work (done 60 minutes and 155 words)

Watch lecture 5, part 1 of Cyberlaw (completed as of 9.30pm)

Do some laundry (completed as of 11pm)

(edited 3 years ago)
Tasks for today (Friday 26th February):

Prep questions 1 and 2 of next week's Trusts seminar (completed as of 4pm)

Do 90 minutes of dissertation work (done 30 minutes)

Watch lecture 5, parts 2 and 3 of Cyberlaw and the associated directed tasks (completed as of 3pm)

(edited 3 years ago)
My goals for week 18 were:

Go through the lectures and tasks for week 5 of Cyberlaw (done)

Complete my Cyberlaw seminar prep and attend the first seminar (done)

Go through the lectures and tasks for Topic 3 of Trusts, and begin the seminar prep (done)

Do at least an hour, and ideally 90 minutes, of working on my dissertation each day (did 60 minutes or more 3/5 days)

(edited 3 years ago)
My goals for week 19 are:

Go through the lectures and tasks for week 6 of Cyberlaw (vital)

Complete my Cyberlaw seminar prep and attend the second seminar (vital)

Complete my Trusts seminar prep and attend the seminar (vital)

Complete the form for my personal tutor meeting, and attend the meeting (vital)

Do at least an hour, and ideally 90 minutes, of working on my dissertation each day (necessary)

Tasks for today (Monday 1st March):

Prep question 3 of tomorrow's Trusts seminar and do some reading to supplement answers to question 1 (finished prepping the seminar, but couldn't be bothered to do optional reading)

Read Chapter 5 of the Murray textbook to prepare for Thursday's Cyberlaw seminar (completed as of 4.20pm)

Do 90 minutes of dissertation work (not done)

(edited 3 years ago)
I've had a weird day today. I woke up feeling pretty motivated, and slowly lost that motivation over the course of the afternoon. The textbook reading took way longer than I had expected, and I had a bunch of shite admin tasks to do that just suck up time. It got to 4.30pm and I had a raging headache and had only done the textbook task from my list. I took a shower to clear my head (after a short break wasn't enough) and then I was hungry. I started making tea to find my stir fry veg had gone funny so I had to improvise stir fry stuff. From there I just got weirdly melancholic for no reason and now I've just had to drag myself through the remainder of my Trusts seminar prep for tomorrow. I cannot bring myself to even look at my dissertation at this point, so I'm going to call it a day and pray I am more productive tomorrow.
(edited 3 years ago)
Tasks for today (Tuesday 2nd March):

Attend my Trusts seminar (completed as of 12pm)

Read Chapter 6 of the Murray textbook to prepare for Thursday's Cyberlaw seminar (completed as of 5pm)

Do 90 minutes of dissertation work (done 75 minutes)

Attend book club at 6pm (completed as of 7pm)

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by CatusStarbright
Tasks for today (Tuesday 2nd March):

Attend my Trusts seminar (completed as of 12pm)

Read Chapter 6 of the Murray textbook to prepare for Thursday's Cyberlaw seminar

Do 90 minutes of dissertation work

good luck :dance:
Original post by laurawatt
good luck :dance:

Thanks!
Tasks for today (Wednesday 3rd March):

Read the Napoli article and the piece on the UK framework for Cyberlaw (completed as of 4.20pm)

Complete Cyberlaw seminar preparation (completed as of 5.20pm)

Do 90 minutes of dissertation work (completed as of 9.30pm!)

Watch the Budget and run TSR coverage on it (completed as of 1.50pm - you can see my thread in UK Politics!)

(edited 3 years ago)
Tasks for today (Thursday 4th March):

Attend my Cyberlaw seminar (completed as of 5pm)

Watch parts 1 and 2 of Cyberlaw lecture 6 and do any associated directed tasks (completed as of 3.15pm)

Fill in the form for my personal tutor meeting tomorrow (completed as of 12.20pm)

Vote in the LUU Exec election before 7pm (completed as of 6.50pm - phew!)

Do 90 minutes of dissertation work (done 70 minutes)

(edited 3 years ago)
Tasks for today (Friday 5th March):

Watch parts 3 and 4 of Cyberlaw lecture 6 and do any associated directed tasks (completed as of 2pm)

Watch lecture 1 of Trusts topic 4 and do the associated directed task (completed as of 5pm)

Do 60 minutes of dissertation work (completed as of 3.20pm)

Do some laundry (completed as of 5.20pm)

Attend my personal tutor meeting at 3.45pm (completed as of 4.10pm)

Attend the opening activities of SSAGO's Green Rally Yellow Rally (whoo!) (completed as of 8,30pm)

(edited 3 years ago)
A successful day and excellent close to the working week!
What are the plans for the weekend
Original post by Matthew33
What are the plans for the weekend

This weekend is pretty exceptional, as SSAGO (the student Scout and Guide organisation) is having a (virtual) rally, so I'm getting involved with that as much as I can! There are a lot of fun activities to do, and even a badge to earn for completing certain tasks, e.g. attending an escape room, making a cocktail/mocktail, etc.
My goals for week 19 were:

Go through the lectures and tasks for week 6 of Cyberlaw (done)

Complete my Cyberlaw seminar prep and attend the second seminar (done)

Complete my Trusts seminar prep and attend the seminar (done)

Complete the form for my personal tutor meeting, and attend the meeting (done)

Do at least an hour, and ideally 90 minutes, of working on my dissertation each day (did 60+ minutes 4/5 days)

My goals for week 20 are:

Go through the lectures and tasks for week 7 of Cyberlaw (vital)

Complete my Cyberlaw seminar prep and attend the third seminar (vital)

Watch the Trusts lectures for unit 4 and begin the seminar prep for next Tuesday (vital)

Do at least an hour, and ideally 90 minutes, of working on my dissertation each day (necessary)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending