The Student Room Group

CatusStarbright's working-from-home-alone blog!

Scroll to see replies

Tasks for today (Wednesday 20th January):

Finish first draft of Land Law assessment question 3 (completed as of 6.15pm)

Make a plan for either question 1 or 4 of the Land Law assessment, and write the introduction (more would be great, but this is what I am setting as a target) (completed as of 9.45pm)

Do the first application question for the Law Commission role (120/250 words written)

I woke up to a very lovely email from my dissertation supervisor telling me not to feel overwhelmed and giving me the green light to start the writing process! I'm therefore hoping to finish my Land Law assessment tomorrow so that I can spend Friday beginning writing my dissertation. I really think my supervisor is great. She gives me honest constructive criticism where I need it, but at the same time tells me not to worry and that I'm progressing okay. It's really nice to have that support.
(edited 3 years ago)
I've had a rethink about tags: I'm reducing their frequency and not putting them in posts I will be editing several times, to avoid 04's issue :smile:

Spoiler

Another day is done! I got question 3 of my assessment finished (yay!) and I have written the introduction and the first paragraph of question 1, which, after planning both questions 1 and 4, is my chosen essay question.

I also wrote half of one of the Law Commission questions and tried to plan what examples I will use for the others. Some of the questions are really tricky but hopefully I can get them done before the deadline in ten days' time!

One thing that is worrying me is that I have not had an email back from DWF in reply to my query about one of the application sections. The deadline is Friday so I'm getting quite worried as I really want to submit tomorrow. :s-smilie:
Tasks for today (Thursday 21st January):

Finish Land Law assessment essay (completed as of 10.30pm)

Write 200 words of the Law Commission application (did not do)

Health-related task (I don't wish to disclose any more in a public forum I'm afraid) (completed as of 12.30pm)

Get Torts textbook and statute book advertised for sale (completed as of 5.30pm)

This is a fairly simple ask today, so I should be able to get it done if I don't procrastinate too much!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by CatusStarbright
Tasks for today (Thursday 21st January):

Finish Land Law assessment essay

Write 200 words of the Law Commission application

Health-related task (I don't wish to disclose any more in a public forum I'm afraid) (completed as of 12.30pm)

Get Torts textbook and statute book advertised for sale

This is a fairly simple ask today, so I should be able to get it done if I don't procrastinate too much!

Good luck DRINK WATER
Original post by nikkiblonsky
Good luck DRINK WATER

Always good advice, I can be pretty bad for getting dehydrated! Thanks :smile:
Nice one kitten.

Make sure you’re nice and healthy for my oddness from me! 😂🙂😉
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm about 500 words off finishing my essay. It's killing me but I reckon I can do it in the next hour. It took me longer than expected to pull my ideas together to structure the essay so it flows.
I'm about 500 words off finishing my essay. It's killing me but I reckon I can do it in the next hour. It took me longer than expected to pull my ideas together to structure the essay so it flows.

Best of luck, final push. :cyber:
I'm done! I need to do editing tomorrow, but that was always the plan. Finishing the essay took far longer than I thought it would but I am so glad to be finished. As such, I didn't get round to working on the Law Commission application but I don't even care :lol:

I'm now going to get myself a nice snack and watch something to unwind before bed!
I'm done! I need to do editing tomorrow, but that was always the plan. Finishing the essay took far longer than I thought it would but I am so glad to be finished. As such, I didn't get round to working on the Law Commission application but I don't even care :lol:

I'm now going to get myself a nice snack and watch something to unwind before bed!

Enjoy!
Original post by Andrew97
Enjoy!

I did haha. I had the rest of the Ben and Jerry's Moophoria ice cream, then finished off the last of the Christmas cake my mum gave me when I moved back here with a nice cup of tea.
Tasks for today (Friday 22nd January):

Edit and submit Land Law assessment (completed as of 2.30pm)

Write 200 words of the Law Commission application

Start writing my dissertation (I don't mind what/how much I do, I just want to do something today)

Get dried laundry put away (I've done two washloads this week and they're both now ready to put away - I've set this as a task as it is up to a 20-minute job) (completed as of 3.30pm)

This is my last day of assessments, so I am really ready to get this done and put them behind me!
(edited 3 years ago)
Looks like I'm going to be adding another paragraph to my essay, as I thought I might end up doing. I originally planned it out, then thought I wouldn't use it and deleted the plan. Luckily I remember what I wrote and I do think it will add something to the essay, so I am putting it back where it belongs! I'm currently a little bit under the word count so I do have space for it (and can use that 10% no-penalty leeway).
Well, I got my Land Law assessment completed, and put all the laundry away. Unfortunately I did not begin writing my dissertation, but I shall probably do so on Sunday. The Law Commission application has me a bit stumped for some of the questions which is why I'm procrastinating on it - I'm going to ask a few people for some suggestions.
Happy Saturday everyone - or should I say Caturday @Andrew97!

I just had my best night's sleep in about two weeks before going for a 25-minute run, so I feel like a boss right now. I hope everyone else is having a good day :biggrin:
Happy Saturday everyone - or should I say Caturday @Andrew97!

I just had my best night's sleep in about two weeks before going for a 25-minute run, so I feel like a boss right now. I hope everyone else is having a good day :biggrin:

Caturday!

Run run like the wind.
Original post by Andrew97
Caturday!

Run run like the wind.

I took it a bit steadier than that, but I still pushed myself and I know this because I felt a little bit sick after :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending