The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ooooo rite! no i haven't had that yet :| sounds mega scary! What books are you studying? We've done "Like Water for Chocolate" and "Metamorphosis"...
Nandika
Ooooo rite! no i haven't had that yet :| sounds mega scary! What books are you studying? We've done "Like Water for Chocolate" and "Metamorphosis"...

we looked at 'The Reader' and 'I know why the caged bird sings' We'll be reading Metamorphosis later in the year...is the book interesting?
Nandika

We're doing metamorphosis, stupid book.:p:
ArticFlames
we looked at 'The Reader' and 'I know why the caged bird sings' We'll be reading Metamorphosis later in the year...is the book interesting?

It's a nightmare to read for the first time - it's just reeeeeally hard to get into, but if you've got a good class then it can actually be one of those rare books that gets better once you unravel it and look for the meanings.....

Lol.

Just try and push through reading it!

O yer, I forgot to answer you're question b4: I have Spanish exercises to do. Reading an article in English, Maths in Biology (don't quite know why...but i swear it's basically maths :O), Just finished some antrhopology questions... and on top of that we have a TOK day on Tuesday, and since our teacher's away we're gonna miss ALL maths lessons next week (:woo: ) but she's given us ALL the weeks work to do as homework instead :eek: Lol. not one of our better weeks....
Nandika
It's a nightmare to read for the first time - it's just reeeeeally hard to get into, but if you've got a good class then it can actually be one of those rare books that gets better once you unravel it and look for the meanings.....

Lol.

Just try and push through reading it!

O yer, I forgot to answer you're question b4: I have Spanish exercises to do. Reading an article in English, Maths in Biology (don't quite know why...but i swear it's basically maths :O), Just finished some antrhopology questions... and on top of that we have a TOK day on Tuesday, and since our teacher's away we're gonna miss ALL maths lessons next week (:woo: ) but she's given us ALL the weeks work to do as homework instead :eek: Lol. not one of our better weeks....

:eek: that seems like a lot of work
ArticFlames
:eek: that seems like a lot of work

yer :P and for some reason my motivation has been very poor recently [!] Lol.

Hopefully I wont get too much this week though.....

Do u know what uni or anything you're hoping to go to? (soz if I've already asked that!) I always forget stuff i've asked before.....

XxxxX
Nandika
yer :P and for some reason my motivation has been very poor recently [!] Lol.

Hopefully I wont get too much this week though.....

Do u know what uni or anything you're hoping to go to? (soz if I've already asked that!) I always forget stuff i've asked before.....

XxxxX

yay someone else who forgets stuff that they asked before :jumphug: you didn't ask I don't think:p: I was looking at Oxford but still not sure...you?
Ang|ophi|e
Yay IBers! :p:
My subjects:
HL: History, English, Psychology
SL: Biology, Spanish, Math Studies

I just came back from my Group 4 project. :smile:

THAT QUICKK!!!!
im doing my G4P next april i think :eek:
I do HL French (A2), German (A2), Psychology
SL English (A1), Maths Studies, Biology

I'm considering a degree in Law, but who knows what I'll be thinking in 2 years time?
[QUOTE='[m a a r i.]']THAT QUICKK!!!!
im doing my G4P next april i think :eek:

I'm taking the SL Exam in May, that's why.
Reply 50
HL - Biology
Economics
Arabic A2

SL- Chemistry
English A1
Math

I'm doing pretty well so far and I plan on getting into Med School
Nandika
hehe. Either Bangor, Glasgow, Cambridge in the UK and (don't laugh!) but I was thinking of maybe applying to Harvard in the US :smile: tis a complicated business but I think it would be a good experience, and you don't really get better than Harvard...at least it's supposedly the best for Psychology in the world! Lol. I'm looking into it =] I'd love to be able to go there!
XxxxX

lol why would I laugh:p: ...Harvard is really good when I lived in America we had to do quite a bit of research on unis and Harvard was the most looked at...You should be able to get in...I hear they like international students (what I've heard not fact).
3!sha
HL - Biology
Economics
Arabic A2

SL- Chemistry
English A1
Math

I'm doing pretty well so far and I plan on getting into Med School

You usually need HL chem for med.
HL: English, History, Spanish, Psychology
SL: Maths, Biology

Want to go into business... and do a degree in international relations or social + political science. How is everyone finding the work load? And what books for world lit?
Reply 54
amazingelli
HL: English, History, Spanish, Psychology
SL: Maths, Biology

Want to go into business... and do a degree in international relations or social + political science. How is everyone finding the work load? And what books for world lit?

workload is utterly terrible; but as all ibers must be "masochist" (as nonib people call us at school) in some way, i personally enjoy the workload :biggrin: i mean, it is like a hobby that you enjoy doing in your free time :p:

for world lit we are reading (or have read, in a sense) Crime and Punishment, Therese Raquin and The Moon And The Bonfires. They are pretty good, actually; i loved Crime and punishment best. What about you?
IB Sounds really good from reading this thread.Sounds so much better than my ASs so far:thumbdown:
yup really really, really does lol.

So is IB hard to get into? I do 3 ASs but because of some family problems I hadn't thought of my AS choices too much, so now i regret taking them and considering IB next year:smile: & much better courses!.So yeah am just wondering do you think it hard to get into..

&overall the people who done AS & IB, which do you think is better, in your opinion ?

thanks anyway if you reply back:biggrin:.
Appreciated luvys x.
Reply 56
I'm in my fifth month of the IBDP and the transition from MYP has gone better than I expected. (I go to a full IB school which does PYP all the way to IBDP and I must say that DP is way better that MYP.

Highers:
English A1
Economics
History

Standards:
Maths Methods
Spanish Ab Initio
Physics

Most of the people I've seen seem to be leaning towards Math/Science highers so I feel a bit different :smile:

Was going to do Japanese A2 SL instead of Spanish but our school didn't have enough Japanese teachers to accommodate the course.

Thinking of something along the lines of journalism, international relations or corporate law at university.
Reply 57
SuicidalLemming
You usually need HL chem for med.

You see my problem :shifty:
Reply 58
English A2 HL -- its a must.
Indonesian A1 SL -- this one also.
ITGS HL -- after all consideration, i thought its gonna be easy... and so far its still okay..
Physics SL -- double science =='
Math SL -- no comment.
Chemistry HL -- i think most med school requires this - in case i wanna take med.
Reply 59
damn man, I hate IB. im doing English A1HL, Econ Hl and Maths HL, and Chem SL, Geog SL and Spanish Ab Initio (Changed from Chinese B Sl 3 months after starting the course)

The workload is quite high, but the actual subjects are hard. When I did GCSE, after we did a topic, we could answer questions on that topic at a good GCse level, but when we do IB tests, are answers are nowhere near what the mark scheme asks for.

I got 10 A* at GCSE from 10 subjects, so now there is so much expectation for me to do well, but i'm scraping a 5 in Maths HL, and I've started Spanish late.

OHMYGOD!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending