The Student Room Group

btec's

how many btecs do you have to study? 1 right?
might be switching over from 3 a levels to a btec next year...
Original post by akiakiaki

It depends what you want to do, but the majority of employers and universities will ask for 3 BTECS, what ones are you doing?
I am doing BTEC (Medical) applied science and it is equivalent to 3 A'levels. It depends on the BTEC but universities are asking for BTEC that is equivalent to 3 A'levels.
Original post by Hatty Matty
I am doing BTEC (Medical) applied science and it is equivalent to 3 A'levels. It depends on the BTEC but universities are asking for BTEC that is equivalent to 3 A'levels.

maybe email some unis and see what they say
Original post by LibbyDd044
maybe email some unis and see what they say

I do not have to. I am already reserved my offers. They all took me with BTEC.
Original post by akiakiaki

It depends on which btechs you are doing. Some are worth three a levels and some are worth one. If you want to go to uni just make sure you get three grades at the end of the course and research unis to look at their requirements.
There are different levels and types of award at each level at BTEC. The Level 3 Extended Diploma is worth 3 A Levels. If you search on the UCAS site or online you will find what the different grades are equivalent to A level grades.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
i wanna do a level 3 business btec, so i know itll be worth 3 a levels, i dont care about uni i dont wanna go.
opinions on changing college to study btec from a levels (my college doesnt do btecs i cant just change subjects i have to change college)
If the BTEC is a level 3 extended diploma, then its equivalent to 3 a levels

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending