The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bang Outta Order
because earphones are literally dangerous

Chavvy? Girl bye. I know ur a black woman. If I called u ghetto would it be ok...

How did you just make it about race mate...
Reply 21
Original post by Jingbah
How did you just make it about race mate...

It's as ridiculous as suggesting every white guy is a chav. A bizarre logic....
Reply 22
loud music gives life

I have mine blasting of a day but I' knock it right down about 7
Original post by Fruli
Sorry if you find the term chav offensive. That's your problem, not mine.

The fact that you would call me ghetto just because I'm black, demonstrates your ignorance. I'll have you know that I went to private school, I worked in the city and lived in London before moving out to the Shires, I own my own home, I vote Tory and am a Conservative member.

I don't associate with, nor have time for chavs or ghetto people.

the point flew over your head.

I'm sure being called ghetto would affect you, you've already flown into a tangent about the word and I merely mentioned you hypothetically being called ghetto lol I'm sure someone as... Upper classed as you and black wouldn't like being called ghetto so don't try it. And don't use slurs to anyone else. It's simple.

I'm blasting some old school speed garage now. You know. The loud chavvy stuff.
Habitually inconsiderate, attention seeking, trying to be intimidatory nightmare neighbours or they are mentally unhinged.
I used to have a religious nutter neighbour that played his organ all night and into the early hours of the morning at deafening volumes, almost every day.
Even the council staff and police were scared of him.

I dare you to blast this as loud as your sound system can go for the next 15 mins. :evil:

Your reputation with the neighbours and half your local area would never recover! :rofl:
Reply 26
Original post by Fruli
I recently had to report my neighbour to the council, because he's been so unreasonable with blasting his music with heavy bass and hip hop. Last week on on Friday at 3am music was blasting loudly and that was the last straw, I reported him. What's worse is that I was isolating as I was covid positive and trying to recover.

Previously I had knocked on his door asking him to tone it down some time last year and the polite request fell on deaf ears. Last week was the last straw.

I don't understand what motivates him to play music so loud, as he lives on his own. Why can't he just wear earphones if he wants to hear his music so loud? Why should other people have to be tortured? What motivates such people?

I could understand if he was having a party or if it was listening to the music with other people, but he's literally on his own. What motivates such behaviour?

You’re welcome in this thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6878072
Original post by londonmyst
I dare you to blast this as loud as your sound system can go for the next 15 mins. :evil:

Your reputation with the neighbours and half your local area would never recover! :rofl:

WTF IS THIS 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No seriously. I was expecting some beautiful opera, which I would play tbh lol but wtfffffff.
Reply 28
Original post by londonmyst

lmao i cannot believe i've not seen this before!

hear better on the karaoke in cooper's, and that's saying something :lol:
Reply 29
becaues they want to show off or it can look like it but they just love the music there playing so they play it so loud
Reply 30
the point flew over your head.

I'm sure being called ghetto would affect you, you've already flown into a tangent about the word and I merely mentioned you hypothetically being called ghetto lol I'm sure someone as... Upper classed as you and black wouldn't like being called ghetto so don't try it. And don't use slurs to anyone else. It's simple.

No, the word ghetto does not offend me, because I’m not ghetto. However, I don’t associate with people who are ghetto, never have and never will.

What’s bizarre is your automatic link between ghetto and Black which is something that I and another poster pointed out. It’s clear that you are ignorant and racist, which is why you would make that stereotyped assumption. As I said, it’s as ridiculous as me saying that every White guy as a chav.

Yes, carry on blasting your music and continue being a chav, but please don’t be offended when people call a spade a spade.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by scar05
becaues they want to show off or it can look like it but they just love the music there playing so they play it so loud

Why not just use a headset or earphones since the music is for their own benefit? Or play the music at reasonable volume...
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 32

Haha thank you
Because some people are ****s with no consideration for others.
Reply 34
Original post by glassalice
Can someone report my brother to the council for doing this?

Because he is inconsiderate, trying to annoy you/ attention seek, resents you asserting boundaries OR because he enjoys excruciatingly loud music.

Presumably your brother is in your household? If that’s the case then you have to resolve things amicably with him, with the help of your parents.

If your brother is being nuisance to your neighbours, then they can report him to the council.
Original post by Fruli
Presumably your brother is in your household? If that’s the case then you have to resolve things amicably with him, with the help of your parents.

If your brother is being nuisance to your neighbours, then they can report him to the council.

I've tried asking nicely, coaxing, asking my parents to resolve the situation and shouting to no avail.
He either plays stupid or says no out right.

Hopefully the neighbours will report him to the council and they confiscate his set.

I hope you are able to resolve your situation soon.
Reply 36
Original post by glassalice
I've tried asking nicely, coaxing, asking my parents to resolve the situation and shouting to no avail.
He either plays stupid or says no out right.

Hopefully the neighbours will report him to the council and they confiscate his set.

I hope you are able to resolve your situation soon.

Thank you. Yes, he has stopped since he got contacted by the council.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It's a tricky one, since you are part of the same household. What you have is a household dispute.

Can I ask how old you are?
Reply 37
Original post by Fruli
Why not just use a headset or earphones since the music is for their own benefit? Or play the music at reasonable volume...

i have no idead
It’s all down to musical taste

Upbeat or aggressive hard-hitting music (Rap, rock and roll, metal etc) is designed to get the blood pumping and release adrenaline and get you all hyped up but it only seems to do it when it’s REALLY LOUD. When you turn the volume down it stops being a mental boost and becomes just a song.

Ballads and classical and stuff you can listen to on a quiet volume and it doesn’t drain away any of the desired emotional effect of the music. In fact it can actually enhance it.
I had that LAST NIGHT!

Latest