The Student Room Group

Why do I hate the idea of doing work so much?

When I think about doing work I genuinely feel sick. I used to be so productive but now that I’m in year 12 I feel really behind on things. Any suggestions?
Reply 1
I find that I am always more productive after exercise. Hope this helps :smile:
Let me tell you something.
Noone actually 'feels' like doing work. Do you think billionaire Elon musk is motivated to go every day to work from 8-9 in the morning to 10 pm in the evening (or something ridiculous like that) every day? The simple answer would be no- that would literally be impossible. What you need is discipline, my friend. Set yourself deadlines to achieve every day and sit down and do them. Start slowly like 1-2 hours per day, and increase an hour every week. You will have some days where you fail and do absolutely nothing, but what matters the most is consistency. As long as you revise for 4 days and have a break day here or there, that's fine but keep to it.
Believe me, it will get easier over time. Additionally, if you are doing a subject which you enjoy it shouldn't even feel that bad. There would be less activation energy needed to sit down and get started.
That's enough from me. I believe in you.
Good luck.
I had the same situation but with studying. After a year at college, I lost all motivation and didn't want to continue learning. I decided to take a rest and to delegate all tasks and assignments that I didn't want to do. I used an essay writing help service and that was the best decision in my life! During the semester I was focusing on my thoughts without thinking about unnecessary assignments and a miracle happened! My motivation returned to me and I was ready to continue my study.
So my advice to you is to take a break and rest. Think about whether you want to continue doing what you are doing. If there is no way to take a break, try to delegate all possible tasks.

Quick Reply

Latest