The Student Room Group

Considering transferring unis

I’m in my second year and to be honest, I really would really love to transfer.

I just wondered if anyone else had transferred unis and how they generally felt about it? Did anyone regret transferring?
(edited 3 years ago)
fwiw the equal consideration deadline was pushed back to the 29th
What do you hate about your university?
Original post by Ww190309
I’m in my second year and to be honest, I really would really love to transfer.

I just wondered if anyone else had transferred unis and how they generally felt about it? Did anyone regret transferring?

Hi @Ww190309,

Sorry to hear that you're not liking your current uni so want to transfer. Why are you considering transferring? I haven't transferred myself but my friend has and from what he's told me he had a fairly smooth transition and is enjoying his new uni a lot. He found it easy to transition to the new lectures as they weren't a lot different than before and was eager to speak to random people in lectures so made friends and fit in quite quickly.

If you're really not enjoying your time and you think a new university would make you enjoy your course more I would encourage you to do what would make you happy. University should be a fun experience and every uni has something different to offer than can make the experiences different. Have you got a university in mind that you would want to go to? Are you sure changing universities would change your situation or is there something you could change now without transferring? I'm only asking this as a transfer could be a big change but you may end up in the same situation you're currently in that makes you unhappy where you are.

Megan
4th year physics student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending