The Student Room Group

Unit 12 social factors access to midwifery

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Salinarahman
I used google to find more examples, the study material itself isn’t very helpful it confused me more

Can you let me know how you formatted the info for this part please, “How changes may impact on a pregnancy for example, pre eclampsia, breech, lifestyle or stressful events using the two examples above discuss the process of risk assessment”
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Hellyt03
Has anyone had any luck with the case study that was given am at a total loss :confused: . Have completed report but stuck with applying the theories. Any help will be much appreciated.

Hey! Did you manage to get anywhere with this? I'm so stuck on the same thing!
Has anybody managed to complete this? I'm so stuck :frown:
Original post by MairaAa
Can you let me know how you formatted the info for this part please, “How changes may impact on a pregnancy for example, pre eclampsia, breech, lifestyle or stressful events using the two examples above discuss the process of risk assessment” so what I need help with is that on the study material they include so many examples and there’s no way you can include it all because you’ll just go over the word count. The rest of the unit I, not struggling with it’s literally just the first two AC’s :frown: I tried emailing them but they’ve not got back to me. If you’ve done unit 8 can I have a look ?

What I did was use two examples (breech and pre-eclampsia) for the first question and talked about how there can be unexpected changes during pregnancy and how a midwife should deal with those changes (relating to my two examples).

Then in the second paragraph i expanded on those two examples by talking about the risk assessment process of those 2 changes (breech and pre-eclampsia) and described the importance of those risk assessments because it protects pregnant women. But the risk assessment should relate to your examples. Everything should be joined together and should be smooth when you read it. But they should be two different paragraphs
Original post by NBigmore
Hey! Did you manage to get anywhere with this? I'm so stuck on the same thing!

Hey, which question do you mean?
Reply 45
What I did was use two examples (breech and pre-eclampsia) for the first question and talked about how there can be unexpected changes during pregnancy and how a midwife should deal with those changes (relating to my two examples).

Then in the second paragraph i expanded on those two examples by talking about the risk assessment process of those 2 changes (breech and pre-eclampsia) and described the importance of those risk assessments because it protects pregnant women. But the risk assessment should relate to your examples. Everything should be joined together and should be smooth when you read it. But they should be two different paragraphs

This is such a dumb question I know but you know the risk assessment process when I Google it, it comes up with so many different things like if I search risk assessment process for breech nothing comes up just the risk factors so like what is the risk assessment process ? Is it just assessing the risk factors ?
Original post by MairaAa
This is such a dumb question I know but you know the risk assessment process when I Google it, it comes up with so many different things like if I search risk assessment process for breech nothing comes up just the risk factors so like what is the risk assessment process ? Is it just assessing the risk factors ?

There is no step by step answer if im honest I really struggled to understand that myself. What I researched is what do midwives do if a women is in a breech and what kind of things are in place to help the midwife support the woman. I cant remember off the top of my head but it might be for example an emergency c-section. I do think thats actually one of the last resorts but research it just to be sure and always cite your work it helps you get more marks. The more you cite the better your grade will be. Thats just what i’ve noticed. I hope this helps i found this unit so hard.

Oh no i had to same issue! What i did was set a deadline for each unit and literally forced myself to complete like 3 units a week. Im still not finished yet as i’ve got other things to focus on for now but having a timetable really helps. How many units do you have left?
Reply 47
There is no step by step answer if im honest I really struggled to understand that myself. What I researched is what do midwives do if a women is in a breech and what kind of things are in place to help the midwife support the woman. I cant remember off the top of my head but it might be for example an emergency c-section. I do think thats actually one of the last resorts but research it just to be sure and always cite your work it helps you get more marks. The more you cite the better your grade will be. Thats just what i’ve noticed. I hope this helps i found this unit so hard.

Oh no i had to same issue! What i did was set a deadline for each unit and literally forced myself to complete like 3 units a week. Im still not finished yet as i’ve got other things to focus on for now but having a timetable really helps. How many units do you have left?

I’m basically working ahead of my self but that’s not the issue, the issue is it takes them five working days to mark a unit !! so I’m just waiting to submit the next unit which is annoying. Obvs it’s not the assessors fault bc they’ve got so many to mark etc. But I’ve got 13 units to submit so I might not make the deadline eve tho I’ve got an offer 😭 but Tysm for the help w unit 8 !
Hey, which question do you mean?

I'm on unit 12, Social Factors in Health and Social and am honestly struggling with he whole thing :frown:
Reply 49
Hi, I have done my academic report for social factors in health and social care but my issue is the the assignment planner:

Consider the sociological perspectives that were examined in section 1.1 (Functionalism, Conflict/Power, Symbolic interactionist, and Social constructivist), and apply them to case of Brian.

Where on earth is the case study of Brian? I literally cannot find anything in relation to Brian so I have no idea how I am supposed to do this!Can anyone who has done it let me know where to go with this one? I have messaged my tutor, just waiting on a response.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 50
The case studies are normally in assessor guidance or attachments?
Reply 51
Original post by fsi156
The case studies are normally in assessor guidance or attachments?

It’s not there, my tutor has just got back to me - she thinks it may of been left out when they changed the platform a couple of weeks ago 😭
Reply 52
That’s a relief :smile: hopefully they can send it too u and it will make more sense good luck!
Hello to everyone here. Has anyone been able to overcome Unit 13? Kindly help with some guidance direction
You are required to write an academic report which investigates the key social issues that influence health and social care. Your report should focus on the delivery of pro-active care to vulnerable adults with particular reference to the care of dementia patients. You will therefore need to research this area of health and social care in detail.

You must ensure that you include the following in your report, all of which need to be in context of the delivery of pro-active care to vulnerable adults with particular reference to the care of dementia patients:
Describe and discuss of the role of social motivational factors in health and ill health.
Discuss the role of social support networks.
Explain how a lack of support networks impacts on health.
O my
Reply 55
Original post by VP2004
Hi, I have done my academic report for social factors in health and social care but my issue is the the assignment planner:

Consider the sociological perspectives that were examined in section 1.1 (Functionalism, Conflict/Power, Symbolic interactionist, and Social constructivist), and apply them to case of Brian.

Where on earth is the case study of Brian? I literally cannot find anything in relation to Brian so I have no idea how I am supposed to do this!Can anyone who has done it let me know where to go with this one? I have messaged my tutor, just waiting on a response.

How are you getting on with this? I am super struggling, sociology is definitely not my thing. any help would be gratefully received.
Reply 56
Any one have a clue on how to relate the study case of Brian to study materials? Makes no sense to me!
hey everyone, im new to this student room and i dont i really understand question 2 on unit 12.Consider the sociological perspectives that were examined in section 1.1 (Functionalism, Conflict/Power, Symbolic interactionist, and Social constructivist), and apply them to case of Brian.? what is the case of brian?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by laura01904
Thanks for this - how was the timed test? was it questions relating to course material as i dont understand that well its confusing.

How did you get on with the exam? I’m doing mine tomorrow and am freaking out! Don’t know what to revise as study materials are so confusing. Please help 🙈
i will help you handle this. please contact me via WhatsApp. 254736802249

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending