The Student Room Group

Is it smart to do 3 online 1 year A level course while you’re at Uni?

My friend got an unconditional offer from a University despite having no A levels (they’re a private candidate like me and no one knows how private candidates will be graded). They’re now completely focused on their university which they’re starting in September and no longer care about not getting A level grades . I’ve pointed out to them that not having A level grades could look bad in the future and they told me they’re planning on doing 3 fast track 1 year a level courses online while at university. Is this smart or should they just focus on university?
Original post by Littleboylost
My friend got an unconditional offer from a University despite having no A levels (they’re a private candidate like me and no one knows how private candidates will be graded). They’re now completely focused on their university which they’re starting in September and no longer care about not getting A level grades . I’ve pointed out to them that not having A level grades could look bad in the future and they told me they’re planning on doing 3 fast track 1 year a level courses online while at university. Is this smart or should they just focus on university?

seems pretty stressful tbh, I would do a gap year if I was them and complete it during then. And after uni a-level grades only matter in certain fields such as law.
Original post by Randomuser67892
seems pretty stressful tbh, I would do a gap year if I was them and complete it during then. And after uni a-level grades only matter in certain fields such as law.

That might be a problem, cause they’re planning on doing a degree in law.
That might be a problem, cause they’re planning on doing a degree in law.

it would be a problem when applying for internships, work placements etc. Many firms require a minimum AAB a level or equivalent. But there are other firms that don't look at a levels but many top firms do.
Original post by Randomuser67892
it would be a problem when applying for internships, work placements etc. Many firms require a minimum AAB a level or equivalent. But there are other firms that don't look at a levels but many top firms do.

They now say that they’ll do the fast track A level courses online after they get their degree. I don’t know how that’ll work. What do you think?
They now say that they’ll do the fast track A level courses online after they get their degree. I don’t know how that’ll work. What do you think?

tbh it would be a better idea to complete it before going to uni, makes life much more easier in the long run then doing it after. Completing a gap year is probably the best thing to go with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending