The Student Room Group

RAF OASC Dec 2020

Hi,

did anyone attend OASC December time and still waiting to hear results? Or has anyone had a long wait between OASC and OASC Medical? How long?

I was invited for a medical a few days later but still no date for that either...

I completely understand with Covid there are setbacks, just trying to gauge the situation from others experiences
Original post by asteroidtick26
Hi,

did anyone attend OASC December time and still waiting to hear results? Or has anyone had a long wait between OASC and OASC Medical? How long?

I was invited for a medical a few days later but still no date for that either...

I completely understand with Covid there are setbacks, just trying to gauge the situation from others experiences

I had my medical in November face to face and only 2 weeks ago I got made medically fit the medical is the longest part but keep at it
Original post by Tinkstap789
I had my medical in November face to face and only 2 weeks ago I got made medically fit the medical is the longest part but keep at it

Hi,

Cheers for the message.

Was your medical the first one with Capita or the OASC one?
Hi,

Cheers for the message.

Was your medical the first one with Capita or the OASC one?

Mine was with capita
Mine was with capita

Ah ok. I'm referring to the second medical needed for aircrew roles but I appreciate the message!
Ah ok. I'm referring to the second medical needed for aircrew roles but I appreciate the message!

What role you doing?
What role you doing?

I've applied for Wsop. What about you? What have you got left to do or have you been a given a date to start training?
I've applied for Wsop. What about you? What have you got left to do or have you been a given a date to start training?

I’m doing cyberspace done everything except the fitness test got to wait for gyms to open
I’m doing cyberspace done everything except the fitness test got to wait for gyms to open

Thats cool! Hope everything goes well for ya!
Hope gyms open soon I really want to start training hope everything good with you too man!
Reply 10
Hey, just out of interest. How long ago did yous submit your applications?
Original post by harrybk

Mine was Sep 19 🤣
Original post by harrybk

I started my application July last year
Reply 13
I started mine in May and had my CBAT two weeks ago. Hopefully got my filter interview soon
Mine was Sep 19 🤣

As in, 2019
Hey! I attended OASC at the start of December. A week later I was told I would be invited for my final aircrew medical but was told to be patient as there were big delays. I had been wondering whether to email them to find out how much longer it would be but I finally received an email this morning confirming my medical which will be in March!
Original post by languagegrad
Hey! I attended OASC at the start of December. A week later I was told I would be invited for my final aircrew medical but was told to be patient as there were big delays. I had been wondering whether to email them to find out how much longer it would be but I finally received an email this morning confirming my medical which will be in March!

Hi! What role have you applied for??
WSOp (Linguist)!! I see you’re going for WSOp too? Is there a specific branch you’re hoping to go into?
Original post by languagegrad
WSOp (Linguist)!! I see you’re going for WSOp too? Is there a specific branch you’re hoping to go into?

'Languagegrad'.... should of guessed haha! I'm hoping rw crewman but to be honest they all interest me. Hopefully my email cant be too far away then! (Fingers crossed)
Hi,

Hi there.

I attended OASC in December, had a sift notification within 2 days and got my provisional offer last week. Waited in the sift roughly 2 months.
Had my medical months before hand so didnt need to do that at Cranwell.
Try not to panic - it seems like everyone gets sifted at the moment! I saw somebody in this forum was told if they wanted their branch choice they would have to wait til January 2022 so theres really no way of telling how long your wait could be.
Wishing you the very best ot luck:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest