The Student Room Group

RAF Pilot Qualifications

I am currently doing a joinery apprenticeship but I don’t think I can do it for the rest of my life when I finish, I have considered to join the RAF to become a pilot which I have seen that I would need to have three Higher qualifications to apply, I have 5 useable national 5 qualifications but I am wondering if I could get some advice on which highers I would need to study and where would be best to get the qualifications as I am not longer in school.
Reply 1
What made you think that was helpful?
Reply 2
Original post by LewisCraig02
I am currently doing a joinery apprenticeship but I don’t think I can do it for the rest of my life when I finish, I have considered to join the RAF to become a pilot which I have seen that I would need to have three Higher qualifications to apply, I have 5 useable national 5 qualifications but I am wondering if I could get some advice on which highers I would need to study and where would be best to get the qualifications as I am not longer in school.
Ex-RAF Recruiter.

Apart from the subjects stipulated on the RAF Recruitment website, it doesn't matter what or where you study so long as you have the required grades.

Check your medical records to make sure there is nothing obvious that could delay or stop your application, get your fitness up and make sure you can demonstrate activities that show your leadership potential.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Ex-RAF Recruiter.

Apart from the subjects stipulated on the RAF Recruitment website, it doesn't matter what or where you study so long as you have the required grades.

Check your medical records to make sure there is nothing obvious that could delay or stop your application, get your fitness up and make sure you can demonstrate activities that show your leadership potential.

Thank you I appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest