The Student Room Group

Official Nursing 2022 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Hey guys! I’ve been offered a place at Aberystwyth Uni which I am so pleased about. Had an interview with Swansea this morning. Went really well, nice and relaxed however I had a slight technical hitch that cost me nearly 10 minutes so I am worried sick how that’s going to impact their decision! I also have an interview with USW next weekend too 😁 best of luck to you all!
Reply 381
Original post by TomY92
Hey guys! I’ve been offered a place at Aberystwyth Uni which I am so pleased about. Had an interview with Swansea this morning. Went really well, nice and relaxed however I had a slight technical hitch that cost me nearly 10 minutes so I am worried sick how that’s going to impact their decision! I also have an interview with USW next weekend too 😁 best of luck to you all!

Good luck with your interviews and congrats on being offered a place. Ive got one at edge hill next month.
does anyone know where the links are to the whatsapp nursing groupchats for the different universities
Hey was just wondering if anyone had heard from Edinburgh Uni, Queen Margarets Edinburgh or Glasgow Cali about nursing interviews for 2022 intake?
Did anyone receive offers, even though you never answered the questions fully? I missed out two NHS values for one interview and missed out an answer on a group interview and I think I am going to be rejected now :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Original post by Back2Uni2021
Did anyone receive offers, even though you never answered the questions fully? I missed out two NHS values for one interview and missed out an answer on a group interview and I think I am going to be rejected now :s-smilie:

Spoiler

If you answered your other questions well I wouldn’t worry too much about it. They don’t expect you to know everything during your interview, and it’s more of a test to see if your personality and level of maturity match the core values of nursing. I’m sure they’ll also account for nerves as I stumbled a little during my interview but was still offered a conditional place on the course.
Hello guys, for those who interviewed at Cardiff, how long did it take for you to get an offer or rejection? I just had an interview with them today, super nervous!!
Original post by lozza01
Hey was just wondering if anyone had heard from Edinburgh Uni, Queen Margarets Edinburgh or Glasgow Cali about nursing interviews for 2022 intake?

Hey! I haven't heard back from Edinburgh Napier yet, but two days ago I heard back from Cali for an interview.
FYI for Mental Health nursing:

I had my interview with Keele 2 weeks ago and got an offer appox 5 days later
I had my interview with Staffs today and was told immediately I had a formal offer.
anyone waiting to hear back from uni of york i had interview a month ago , thats not a good sign i know
Original post by lola2080
anyone waiting to hear back from uni of york i had interview a month ago , thats not a good sign i know

There's hundreds of application per course, and hundreds of courses per uni, unis don't have to respond until a certain day so never say never
Hi Everyone!
All universities have until 19th May to accept and reject applications, so if you are still waiting to hear back this could be why! Some admission teams just take a little bit longer than others to filter through applications!
You will hear back either way, it is unfortunately just a waiting game!

I am a current 3rd year Student Nurse at UoS, so if you have any questions about nursing, uni, anything! Ask away!

Carina :smile: - University of Southampton Ambassador
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi Everyone!
All universities have until 19th May to accept and reject applications, so if you are still waiting to hear back this could be why! Some admission teams just take a little bit longer than others to filter through applications!
You will hear back either way, it is unfortunately just a waiting game!

I am a current 3rd year Student Nurse at UoS, so if you have any questions about nursing, uni, anything! Ask away!

Did you have any experience with nursing beforehand? Ive studied photography in the past and since leaving uni early, have worked mostly in pubs or factories. I’m a little worried about how well I’ll be able to adjust to nursing as a whole.
does anyone know where the nursing wahtsapp or facebook groupchats are for nursing nottingham
Original post by Becky2305
Hey all, just thought I would pop in and say that I'm starting my BSc Adult Nursing degree at KCL as a mature student this month, so if anyone wants any help with the application process, feel free to ask me! :smile: I also applied for 2 other universities, Surrey and Brighton, and was given a place at both.

Heyyyy, I have an interview at Lincoln for childrens nursing this week, been doing lots of research. I’m a mature student also as I’m 30🤦🏼*♀️ How did you find interviews and is it a good sign x
Original post by jmeredith
Did you have any experience with nursing beforehand? Ive studied photography in the past and since leaving uni early, have worked mostly in pubs or factories. I’m a little worried about how well I’ll be able to adjust to nursing as a whole.

Hi @jmeredith
I had no nursing experience, but I did have childcare experience, which helped as I went into specifically Children's nursing. Any job can be applied to nursing as it comes with being able to work in a team, think on your feet and be able to also make decisions independently.
However, if you are more worried about whether you will like it as such and whether it the career for you, I would definitely see if you can organise some work experience or observation time at your local hospital. As this will give you an idea if this is the right career path for you! Nursing is a big career move so if you haven't observed or had any experience in this field I would recommend looking into it before committing to a degree.

I hope this helps a little!
Have you got any other questions I could help with?

(Student Children's Nurse)
Hi, I finished my BS IT degree in Romania but now i want to study BS Adult Nursing. I have settle status. Am i eligible to apply?
Original post by Becky2305
Hey all, just thought I would pop in and say that I'm starting my BSc Adult Nursing degree at KCL as a mature student this month, so if anyone wants any help with the application process, feel free to ask me! :smile: I also applied for 2 other universities, Surrey and Brighton, and was given a place at both.

Hi. Congratulations. I have an interview next week. Any tips /advice please?
Original post by lozza01

I’ve not heard from Edinburgh yet but I emailed them today to ask as they previously told me interviews were in Feb and it’s now March
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hi @jmeredith
I had no nursing experience, but I did have childcare experience, which helped as I went into specifically Children's nursing. Any job can be applied to nursing as it comes with being able to work in a team, think on your feet and be able to also make decisions independently.
However, if you are more worried about whether you will like it as such and whether it the career for you, I would definitely see if you can organise some work experience or observation time at your local hospital. As this will give you an idea if this is the right career path for you! Nursing is a big career move so if you haven't observed or had any experience in this field I would recommend looking into it before committing to a degree.

I hope this helps a little!
Have you got any other questions I could help with?

(Student Children's Nurse)

That’s really helpful, thanks Carina!
I also went to Glyndwr’s open day on Saturday to get a closer look after accepting my offer. I spoke with one of the nursing tutors and she said almost the exact same thing as you about not needing “relevant” experience as all life experience can be applied to nursing. I’ve actually been trying to get an entry level job or some work experience before uni but haven’t yet had any success. I think I’ll love nursing anyway though as I love working with people, being busy and doing my best to help everyone (for example I’m a voluntary mental health first aider at my current role 😊)

I think the only other question I’d like to ask an existing student, is how did you find your first year placements? I feel I’m going to turn up on day 1 and just be like a lost child looking for my mother (or mentor!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending