The Student Room Group

Official Nursing 2022 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TinyblueXx
Good luck everyone !!!
I’m so happy my place has been confirmed ! I’m super excited !

Hopefully meet some of you in September 😊

Congratulations!! you're officially a student nurse :biggrin:

If you have any questions please comment them below!
Original post by Teesside University
Hi @Eddy54

Don't decline anything until your son has been offered a place on an alternative course and he is happy with his choice. If he declines his firm choice, and then changes his mind or doesn't secure a place on a different course he could be left unplaced.

He needs to look at what unis still have places on the course/s he is interested in. Once he's found a courses/s he needs to ring those unis first thing on on results day to see if they would offer him a place based on his results. Once he's made his decision he then releases himself into Clearing and the uni he has decided to go to can make him an official offer through UCAS hub.

Whilst many uni's don't require a personal statement when applying through Clearing, they may well interview (we do at Teesside University for both nursing and physio), so he needs to prepare for this and reading back through his PS might help.

I hope this has helped and wish your son the best of luck!

Kate

Thanks for your help. He did keep his firm choice and spoke to Chester and Wolverhampton. He got informal offer from Wolverhampton but since he couldn’t release into clearing as it was showing as waiting confirmation on UCAS. So he was unable to add informal offer to his UCAS but has interview on Monday. He’s not sure what to do as the nursing team leader assumed he would be able to do that Friday so have him interview Monday. Not sure what to do as after interview if he isn’t selected he will lose firm choice as he can’t add to clearing unless he declines firm choice. He really wants to do nursing but will end up not going to either if he messes up interview and then go another year via accces to he at Leeds or bradford.
(edited 1 year ago)
Anyone doing nursing at Southampton? I’ve applied deffered entry
Hey after your offer has been confirm with ucas do i need to reply to the offer.
Original post by Hazelly
Congratulations!! you're officially a student nurse :biggrin:

If you have any questions please comment them below!
Original post by Idk532
Hey after your offer has been confirm with ucas do i need to reply to the offer.

Sorry I’m not too sure what you mean?
Original post by Hazelly
Sorry I’m not too sure what you mean?

Basically do i have to accept my offer or is it done for me automatically
Original post by Idk532
Basically do i have to accept my offer or is it done for me automatically

You have to accept the offer as otherwise it could be offered to someone else.
anyone in here studying on the msci at Exeter uni this September, Ill be a mature student (32) already live in Exeter with my other half.
Original post by Calibann
Hi everyone!

I started this thread for upcoming Nursing applicants. Nursing is just one AHP course I am applying to.
:u:

Feel free to share stats and support one another. It would be nice to see if we can find some familiars before starting!

Anyone going to roehampton for adult nursing this sept?
Reply 729
Original post by LOC*
Sorry I’m only now replying I’ve only just seen this! Thank you for replying. Are you starting your degree in adult nursing in September?x

Yes and my first year is done and dusted!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending