The Student Room Group

New Venture

Hi all.

Havent posted on here for a while....but ive come up against another worry....

i've decided that i want to work on another park (i work on a holiday park by the way).

i got chatting to a girl who's an entertainer at another holiday park and she showed me the website and it looks amazing...its not with bourne leisure which im pleased about cos i dont really want to go to another bourne leisure park.

anyway, theres just one little thing...its a 5 and a half hour drive away...obviously id have to stay on site which im ok with...but my parents dont think its a good idea. its in lancashire near blackpool and northerners arebt like us southerners...they're alot louder and more confident...in one way i think that would help me more...but then in another way i think i could feel intimidated and have made the wrong decision. then again i wont know unless i go....at least i wont regret it i spose...just give it a shot...i only have to stay there just over 2 months..not that long. least then i know if i made the right choice...we have to make mistakes to learn by them...

they know im not very confident and so they're worried for me, understandably, but i think if i go up there then i'll become more confident...it would only be for a few months so i can see if i like it or not...im hoping to do a full season at my park this year then in november if i got the job...go up there...come home for xmas...go back...then in feb decide if i wanna stay there longer...if so then great.....if not then i'll come home and say ive been offered a better position back home.

what do u think i should do?

karen x
Reply 1
the world wasn't discovered by someone sitting on their arse. What do you have to lose.
Reply 2
if it were me, i would go...nothing like a little confidence booster now and again.

if its only for 2 months, then what do you have to lose? :smile:
Yeah plus, it's a holiday park! You're not just gonna get northeners, not all of them will be loud and brash! And what doesn't kill ya, makes ya stronger ya? A way to boost oyur confidence won't hurt! Go for it!
Reply 4
yea thanks people....think i will.

karen xxx
Reply 5
sparkle86
yea thanks people....think i will.

karen xxx

good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending