The Student Room Group

Leicester A100 / A199 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MedicineGuy0909
Can I just ask a genuine question, why do some people want female only accommodation? At some point it will be very likely that you'll mix with all genders. Thanks for answering 🙂

I think everyone knows that you’ll be mixed with all genders on a regular basis but if you’re more comfortable with girls and feel more free around them then it makes sense to want to live with them.

I don’t want to speak on behalf of anyone but people who may have had unfortunate experiences with the opposite gender might find comfort in female only accommodation. Some religious beliefs and cultures you maintain modesty when your with the opposite gender. So in that case living in female accommodation might be more comfortable and easy for you. And you might just get along better with females. The place your living in the next few years should be a comfortable environment for you and if that’s what makes you comfortable then go for it.
Hey guys, received an offer today. How does the accommodation application process work and where is everyone applying to...? I’m very interested in Nixon L-M. I haven’t firmed yet but Which applicant ID do I use to register? Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 222
Looks like I'm finally joining you guys
Original post by JackGrealish
Hey guys, received an offer today. How does the accommodation application process work and where is everyone applying to...? I’m very interested in Nixon L-M. I haven’t firmed yet but Which applicant ID do I use to register? Thanks in advance :smile:

you have to use your personal Leicester ID number to register for accommodation. this will be emailed to you in the official letter by UoL a few days after you received the offer
Original post by Boop237
you have to use your personal Leicester ID number to register for accommodation. this will be emailed to you in the official letter by UoL a few days after you received the offer

Thank you!
Does the uni shuttle bus/ public bus stop outside Digby Houses in the village?
Sent my accommodation application through. Is there anything else that needs to be done?
Does anyone know how many weeks long the medicine foundation course is?
Reply 228
Has anyone got a campus tour booked?
Original post by YK1318
Has anyone got a campus tour booked?

I have. Booked it for the 11th!
Reply 230
I was told that we have a school of medicine appointment booked for 9:15 on the day of my campus tour but it’s the first I’m hearing it about it so I’m hella confused
Original post by YK1318
I was told that we have a school of medicine appointment booked for 9:15 on the day of my campus tour but it’s the first I’m hearing it about it so I’m hella confused

Really? I haven't been told of this yet. Where did you see it?
Reply 232
Original post by meg0148
Really? I haven't been told of this yet. Where did you see it?

I was emailing some recruitment guy because he said there was some glitch in the system cos I was receiving hella spam from the university about the tour not submitting or sumn, idk waffle along those lines, and then I was like so what I have I actually booked for the day innit, and then he was like a "campus tour at 1pm but I also see you have a booking with the school of Med at 9:15 which is separate from our event", so that's why I was confused cah I haven't heard of this at all ygm, soooo was wondering if anyone knew anything about it innit.
Original post by YK1318
I was emailing some recruitment guy because he said there was some glitch in the system cos I was receiving hella spam from the university about the tour not submitting or sumn, idk waffle along those lines, and then I was like so what I have I actually booked for the day innit, and then he was like a "campus tour at 1pm but I also see you have a booking with the school of Med at 9:15 which is separate from our event", so that's why I was confused cah I haven't heard of this at all ygm, soooo was wondering if anyone knew anything about it innit.

Oh really? Do u think they just automatically book you a medical school tour on the day of your campus your?
Reply 234
Original post by meg0148
Oh really? Do u think they just automatically book you a medical school tour on the day of your campus your?

I mean they didn’t say anything so ion even know.
Original post by YK1318
I mean they didn’t say anything so ion even know.

Weird. I might email them and ask cause everyone would like to see it won’t they.
Reply 236
Original post by meg0148
Weird. I might email them and ask cause everyone would like to see it won’t they.

Yh that would be helpful, let me know what they say.
Reminder of TSR rules:

Off site social media group chats are not allowed anywhere on TSR, including via PMs.

This is for your protection as we don't know who makes them, and who joins them. Some of you are under 18.

Please do not ask, mention or advertise them in the forum; or attempt to take discussion off our forum.

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Abhi321
Does anyone know how many weeks long the medicine foundation course is?

Around 39 weeks I believe
Hi everyone,

Congratulations on anyone who has received offers in the time we've been absent! Jas, Len and I have finished our exams at long last, so we're back ready than ever to answer your burning questions around University life and everything else under the sun (though not admissions as that is not our field of expertise and we're not involved with the Medical School for those types of things!). Please do tag us in your messages should you have a question, as it makes it easier for us to identify your question and reply to it more promptly since this thread is very active! We really have our fingers crossed for anyone still waiting on hearing back from UoL and can't promote enough how brilliant the Medical School is and how much we've enjoyed our time at Leicester so far. I am in the process of scrolling through the thread to identify any questions I've missed in the meantime so if I don't get back to you please do submit the same question again for good measure, as I'd be more than happy to help you out and wouldn't want to miss your question!

Best wishes,

Suvarna (LUSUMA Welfare Officer)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending