The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Part time jobs in Bangor

Hi, I/m looking to study at Bangor university come 2022 and am finding it difficult to look into the best possible part-time jobs that may be available for a student. Any recommendations?
( Must take into account: wage, availability, distance etc)
Original post by isobel-M16
Hi, I/m looking to study at Bangor university come 2022 and am finding it difficult to look into the best possible part-time jobs that may be available for a student. Any recommendations?
( Must take into account: wage, availability, distance etc)

Hi @isobel-M16,

It's great to hear that you're thinking of coming to Bangor University to study in 2022. Having part time work while at university is a great idea, it gives you some income as well as experience. You can have a look at our Part Time Work page on our website here.
You can also contact our Careers Team, they would be more than happy to help and provide you with more information on what's available in Bangor.
Many of our students work for their department, helping out with Open Days and such so there's a lot of work available with the University itself.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can help with anything else at all :smile:
Anna
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi @isobel-M16,

It's great to hear that you're thinking of coming to Bangor University to study in 2022. Having part time work while at university is a great idea, it gives you some income as well as experience. You can have a look at our Part Time Work page on our website here.
You can also contact our Careers Team, they would be more than happy to help and provide you with more information on what's available in Bangor.
Many of our students work for their department, helping out with Open Days and such so there's a lot of work available with the University itself.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can help with anything else at all :smile:
Anna

Thank you so much for your reply and help, I will look into it.
Also, I want to study zoology with animal behaviour and really set on going to Bangor. However, I have noticed that you don't offer a PhD in this field. I really wanted to get a PhD. And now I am really torn. Any suggestions?
Thank you again.
Thank you so much for your reply and help, I will look into it.
Also, I want to study zoology with animal behaviour and really set on going to Bangor. However, I have noticed that you don't offer a PhD in this field. I really wanted to get a PhD. And now I am really torn. Any suggestions?
Thank you again.

Great subject choice! Unfortunately we don't offer a PhD in that field, however we do offer Zoology with Animal Behaviour Integrated Masters degree, which is 4 years instead of 3. You can find more about that course here.
It might be worth having a chat with a staff member from that department to discuss options for after your degree, you can chat with someone using our Unibuddy platform, or you can email [email protected] .

Anna :smile:
I'm doing Zoology with Marine Zoology.

Bangor has a good rail link to Anglesey and the rest of north Wales (like Llandudno-Prestatyn), all of which are very popular with tourists, so assuming Covid restrictions are lifted by then, there should be a lot of options for jobs, from cafes/pubs to hotels and guest houses and everything else. Plus there's the Anglesey Sea Zoo, Snowdonia Donkeys, and the Welsh Mountain Zoo (to name a few) that you may be able to work for, especially in your 2nd/3rd/4th years.
Reply 5
Original post by Lluvia Morado
I'm doing Zoology with Marine Zoology.

Bangor has a good rail link to Anglesey and the rest of north Wales (like Llandudno-Prestatyn), all of which are very popular with tourists, so assuming Covid restrictions are lifted by then, there should be a lot of options for jobs, from cafes/pubs to hotels and guest houses and everything else. Plus there's the Anglesey Sea Zoo, Snowdonia Donkeys, and the Welsh Mountain Zoo (to name a few) that you may be able to work for, especially in your 2nd/3rd/4th years.

Wow. Thank you this really helps. Hope you are enjoying your course. May I ask what the best thing about your course is?
Wow. Thank you this really helps. Hope you are enjoying your course. May I ask what the best thing about your course is?

No problem :smile:

I'm only in my first year, and it's been a bit of a strange year with online learning, I'm not sure I can pick one 'best' thing... I enjoyed the Organismal Diversity module.

Some of the benefits to doing Zoology at Bangor has to be its location, and, when Covid restrictions are not in place, they have a lot of local field trips, plus tonnes of clubs/activities and societies that are free to join. Hopefully by the time you start these will be operating as normal (pre covid).

Quick Reply

Latest