The Student Room Group

Are CGP revision cards worth it for GCSE science ?

I usually make my own flash cards during revision because it helps me retain information. Has anyone used the AQA GCSE separate science revision cards ? Are they useful and is there any other CGP products you would recommend for AQA GCSE science ? ( CGP has introduced a revision pack with loads of potentially grade boosting stuff and ahhhh I’m confused )
naah

its up to u obvs but imo nah
Reply 2
My older sister got them. I personally think they are not worth it. They have loads of questions on one side and all the answers on the other, which I hated bc it meant it was difficult to check individual answers without seeing the answers to teh next question. The info was also very crowded.
I would definitely recommend just making your own and using them as they will be in the style you remember things and focused on the content you find hard.
I only used the CGP revision guide and CGP workbook, and I liked both of them but physics and maths tutor has loads of exam style questions for free, so even the workbook wasn't completely necessary to be honest. ( I only got both bc my school had an offer where they sold both of them for £10 ish, it's state so they got a deal with CGP where they got the textbooks at made price not selling price or something)
Definitely check if your school does this.
Good luck, I'm in yr 12, if you have other questions abt GCSE/Alevels tag me so I get notifications x
Original post by Rara345
My older sister got them. I personally think they are not worth it. They have loads of questions on one side and all the answers on the other, which I hated bc it meant it was difficult to check individual answers without seeing the answers to teh next question. The info was also very crowded.
I would definitely recommend just making your own and using them as they will be in the style you remember things and focused on the content you find hard.
I only used the CGP revision guide and CGP workbook, and I liked both of them but physics and maths tutor has loads of exam style questions for free, so even the workbook wasn't completely necessary to be honest. ( I only got both bc my school had an offer where they sold both of them for £10 ish, it's state so they got a deal with CGP where they got the textbooks at made price not selling price or something)
Definitely check if your school does this.
Good luck, I'm in yr 12, if you have other questions abt GCSE/Alevels tag me so I get notifications x

@Rara345 Thank you so much for this ! Really appreciate it . I won’t get the flash cards considering what everyone’s saying ( I’ll probably get the revision guides instead ). :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest