The Student Room Group

Motivation to revise

Now since Gavin has announced that teacher predictions are gonna be used, I have mocs in 3 weeks. And I haven't done ANYTHING. These mocs will be used for grades. I don't have any motivation at all. During live lessons, I've not been listening and not been doin any of the work. Does anyone have any tips please?!
Hi, Shanq.

Thank you for posting onto the Student Room Forum! It sounds like you are feeling really stressed at the moment, and understandably so, too!

I think the first thing I would do, is to talk to your parents / family / friends / teachers about how you are feeling, and also find out exactly what topics are going to be used for your Mocks. That way, you do not have to worry and revise the content that you know you will not have to answer in your papers. I think that once you have spoken to your teachers, you will have a clearer idea of exactly what you need to be learning to get as good a grade as you possibly can in your mocks.

Please do keep us updated with how you get on!

Kind Regards,

Freddie Mercury Fan. (Freddie _ Mercury.)
Original post by shanq
Now since Gavin has announced that teacher predictions are gonna be used, I have mocs in 3 weeks. And I haven't done ANYTHING. These mocs will be used for grades. I don't have any motivation at all. During live lessons, I've not been listening and not been doin any of the work. Does anyone have any tips please?!

just so you know you are not alone
Reply 3
Original post by cloisters
Do you drink caffeine?

just in fizzy drinks apart from that no
Hi there,

I thought I'd reach out to you and re-assure you that it's never too late to start revising!
If I was in your position, I would create a revision/study timetable, where I schedule in revision sessions/activities across the three weeks you have left. This way, when you wake up in the morning, you'll know what you need to do - and hopefully will be a much more productive day for you. :biggrin: As well, when you are studying, try and make sure there are no distractions. I use the app Forest when I revise, and this doesn't let you go on your phone (and instead, plants a tree!) - maybe this could be something you look into :smile:

Hope that's a bit helpful and good luck! :smile:

Ana:h:
University of Liverpool Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending