The Student Room Group

Mpharm pharmacy with foundation year

Is it worth 5 years studying to be a pharmacist? Do most people get jobs after leaving uni?
Reply 1
Pharmacist here.
Getting a job isn't too difficult in the community. There are always positions open for locums too. Hospital is much more competitive and you may not get a job. A job as a GP pharmacist is even more competitive.

Whether it's worth studying to become a pharmacist is a whole different subject matter
Original post by MrTevani
Pharmacist here.
Getting a job isn't too difficult in the community. There are always positions open for locums too. Hospital is much more competitive and you may not get a job. A job as a GP pharmacist is even more competitive.

Whether it's worth studying to become a pharmacist is a whole different subject matter

Did you find it worth studying pharmacy? Also I like the look of local pharmacies that have a shop setting is that called retail pharmacy?
Reply 3
Original post by ChemBioPsych1335
Did you find it worth studying pharmacy? Also I like the look of local pharmacies that have a shop setting is that called retail pharmacy?

Yes that is retail/community pharmacy.

Personally I regret my career decision. Growth is slower than I would like and even if I were to achieve my maximum potential as a pharmacist, I feel like I would always be wanting more.
Original post by MrTevani
Yes that is retail/community pharmacy.

Personally I regret my career decision. Growth is slower than I would like and even if I were to achieve my maximum potential as a pharmacist, I feel like I would always be wanting more.

U regret studying pharmacy to be a pharmacist? People who take pharmacy for a degree at uni is a pharmacist the only job they can get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending