The Student Room Group

how do I write an essay plan?GCSE

soo urm I am doing an macbeth essay plan for how is macbeth "evil" through Macbeth.....

what do I write I actually do not know how to do an essay plan really ... someone help please thanks....
Original post by fkiraxo
soo urm I am doing an macbeth essay plan for how is macbeth "evil" through Macbeth.....

what do I write I actually do not know how to do an essay plan really ... someone help please thanks....

In an exam you would probably use 5-10 mins on a plan. So don't spend too much time planning. I'd say a plan is just there so you can structure your work and should help you to work out what to include, and act as a way of remembering areas to focus on. Nothing too important. For example say you are planning for your first paragraph you could bullet point specific ideas you would want to include:
1) Macbeths evil nature is shown through his violent crimes.
2) He's got a tyrannical personality
And much more, you don't really have to write in full sentences but I'm just the type to do that ( I'm a fast writer so it doesn't make a problem).
But yeah good luck hope this helped!
It’s been ages since I wrote an English essay, but I always used to do
1) intro- key words I wanted to include
2) paragraph 1 - key point for the paragraph and a relevant quote
I’d repeat step 2 for as many points as I had and it just helped me stay on track under time pressure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending