The Student Room Group

UK to American Bachelor's

Hello!

Im deffo in a pickle right now. I am an American who decided to complete her bachelor's in Chemistry here in the UK with the hopes of having the option to return back to America for Med school. However, I am only now realising most med schools require bachelor's degrees strictly from America (would've been helpful to know before I spent 3 years in this course). I was wondering if anyone knew if you could technically transfer to an American University with a completed UK bachelors (allowing some credits to transfer over) and take the courses that would complete the requirement for an American Bachelor's? I know it seems a bit weird and kind of like a loop hole, but I'm just trying to figure out some options for myself right now.
Yes you should be able to, but it may depend on the school.

The US university would probably either do it in house or use a company like WES (world education service) to translate your British grades to American GPA. From there you should be able to do the other classes required to graduate the US institution. I would recommend emailing/calling admissions of the colleges you are considering to get the individual policy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending