The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Biochemistry 2021

So i have an offer from kings and i have been doing some research about living in london, accomodation and the course.

1st thing i have been hearing about the course is that some of the teachings are quite bad especially as it seems some feel that the lecturers seem as if they are being forced into this.
2nd i knew london was already quite expensive but i am really worried about finances. This is especially because i am the oldest child of 4 and so far i am not eligible for the bursaries as my mum just makes over that. I looked at the student finance calculator and i dont know if ill be able to afford it. By the way i will try and get a part time job.
3rd i was just wondering how people found the accomodation i am thinking of applying to julian markham
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey. I don’t have much information about the course, but I can give you my 2cents about the price of London. You are indeed correct that it is expensive here. I highly suggest you research student Maintenance loan and see if your eligible for that. If not, they are still ways to make money here in London. Before coronavirus, you could legit get a job within a week in hospitality. Working agency shifts let’s you be flexible with the days you work and you can earn about £9 or £10 an hour (which is above the minimum wage)

My personal experience, I was being paid £13 an hour from an agency called “the change group”. However, since coronavirus hit London, jobs have dwindled to nothing. But once we are lifted out of lockdown and hospitality opens back up, I suggest you have a look at ‘The change group’ and see if you can do some bar work or a waiter. Of course you’ll need a work visa to do this so I’m not sure if that’s something you already have. I hope this helps, if you got any questions about work, let me know
(edited 3 years ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by ItsJcesar
Hey. I don’t have much information about the course, but I can give you my 2cents about the price of London. You are indeed correct that it is expensive here. I highly suggest you research student Maintenance loan and see if your eligible for that. If not, they are still ways to make money here in London. Before coronavirus, you could legit get a job within a week in hospitality. Working agency shifts let’s you be flexible with the days you work and you can earn about £9 or £10 an hour (which is above the minimum wage)

My personal experience, I was being paid £13 an hour from an agency called “the cIhange group”. However, since coronavirus hit London, jobs have dwindled to nothing. But once we are lifted out of lockdown and hospitality opens back up, I suggest you have a look at ‘The change group’ and see if you can do some bar work or a waiter. Of course you’ll need a work visa to do this so I’m not sure if that’s something you already have. I hope this helps, if you got any questions about work, let me know

I live in England up north and I went onto the student finance calculator and they said i would get just over £9000. Thank you though for the info about the jobs i will definitely be considering that!!!
Original post by Bahamas
I live in England up north and I went onto the student finance calculator and they said i would get just over £9000. Thank you though for the info about the jobs i will definitely be considering that!!!

Your welcome! Hope it all goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest