The Student Room Group

Suitability for Economics (Diploma +MSc) - University of Warwick

Hey everyone!

Have any of you applied for/completed the Economics Diploma at the Univeristy of Warwick? I actually graduated with a 2:1 (69) degree in Music Technology back in 2015, but have always had a strong interest in Economics and Finance and I would like to apply for this course. I understand a strong quantitative background is needed for this and that's fine as I want to do a Mathematics A level prior to applying and mathematics has always been one of my strongest points in education.

With an A/B grade A level in Mathematics and a high 2:1 degree in Music Technology, would I stand a chance at getting on to this course? Also, I'm not sure if it helps, but since I graduated back in 2015, I have worked as a Finance Analyst.

I would love to hear if any of you did this course, what your UG degree is in and what other people were like on the course (any unrelated UG degrees etc).

From what I have read about others taking the course, their UG degrees were somewhat related (in business/finance/management etc.), which makes me worry that I'm completely unsuitable for the course.

I would love to hear what you guys think?

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending