avengersendgame
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey guys was doing some practise and just wanted to know whether this paragraph is okay for it or not.

here's the question
Name:  Screenshot 2021-03-27 at 11.09.48.png
Views: 80
Size:  56.8 KB
When looking at companions that are in both source A and source B they are very different. In source A the companion is both egocentric and careless during the journey, and this is clear when the writer explains how Simon let “me slider faster than I expected and despite my cries of alarm and pain he had kept on descending.” Simon only cares about himself and is eager to get down the mountain regardless of Joe. He’s, absolutely, uncaring given that he hardly cares about Joe or how he has “cries of alarm and pain” and only mainly focuses on himself getting down the mountain. However, the companion at source B is completely the opposite to source A. The companion at source B is very caring. It illustrated how Marius “literally pulled me up like a parcel”. From this quote, Marius is very caring as he doesn’t want to be the only person getting down the mountain and has put his life at risk to protect others of how “always went ahead.” He’s also determined to protect Gertude even if it means to pull him “like a parcel.” It suggests how Gertrude and Marius would protect him and go down the mountain together.
Last edited by avengersendgame; 1 month ago
lily1228281
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
please could you perhaps upload the paper or send it me ? x
STUDENTYR114EVER
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by avengersendgame)
hey guys was doing some practise and just wanted to know whether this paragraph is okay for it or not.

here's the question
When looking at companions that are in both source A and source B they are very different. In source A the companion is both egocentric and careless during the journey, and this is clear when the writer explains how Simon let “me slider faster than I expected and despite my cries of alarm and pain he had kept on descending.” Simon only cares about himself and is eager to get down the mountain regardless of Joe. He’s, absolutely, uncaring given that he hardly cares about Joe or how he has “cries of alarm and pain” and only mainly focuses on himself getting down the mountain. However, the companion at source B is completely the opposite to source A. The companion at source B is very caring. It illustrated how Marius “literally pulled me up like a parcel”. From this quote, Marius is very caring as he doesn’t want to be the only person getting down the mountain and has put his life at risk to protect others of how “always went ahead.” He’s also determined to protect Gertude even if it means to pull him “like a parcel.” It suggests how Gertrude and Marius would protect him and go down the mountain together.
Is this the June 2020 aqa
avengersendgame
Rep:
?
(Original post by STUDENTYR114EVER)
Is this the June 2020 aqa
yh
STUDENTYR114EVER
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yh
Is it not the november 2020
avengersendgame
Rep:
?
Is it not the november 2020
yh
STUDENTYR114EVER
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yh
Is it the november 2020 or June 2020
avengersendgame
Rep:
?
Is it the november 2020 or June 2020
i think nov 2020 as that paper was meant for jun 2020 but it got cancelled so used for nov 2020
STUDENTYR114EVER
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i think nov 2020 as that paper was meant for jun 2020 but it got cancelled so used for nov 2020
So there isnt an official June 2020 aqa paper 2 exam
because i know the silk factory was june 2020 paper 1
STUDENTYR114EVER
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you know what the question 5 for this was
WE're doing the June 2020 aqa at school
STUDENTYR114EVER
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So there isnt an official June 2020 aqa paper 2 exam
because i know the silk factory was june 2020 paper 1
im stressed -does anyone know
nayl_ahmed
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

here's the question
I think you could improve it by displaying what techniques have been used. For example. The noun "cries " and the simile "like a parcel".
That would push your marks up by at least 1 I'd assume.
Do you happen to have the extracts that go with this question?
Montinaguinea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yh
do you have paper 1 by any chance ?
whelppp
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yh
do you have the inserts?
username5682070
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nayl_ahmed)
I think you could improve it by displaying what techniques have been used. For example. The noun "cries " and the simile "like a parcel".
That would push your marks up by at least 1 I'd assume.
Do you happen to have the extracts that go with this question?
Surely not. I was under the impression that this question has nothing to do with terminology; it's simply asking to write a summary of differences about the characters themselves and what you understand about them, not the methods or how they are conveyed because that would practically be a replica of question 4??
uwmwu x
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you have another paragraph so i can fully analyse it, thanks
Kkk22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by uwmwu x)
Do you have another paragraph so i can fully analyse it, thanks
the extracts are on student TSR, search for english language paper 2 q4 and u'll find the extracts.
jgoodrickgreen16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I can't find the extract for Jun/Nov 2020 Paper 2.
Can you pm them to me or snap me at jgoodrickgreen because that would be so so helpful?
Kkk22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jgoodrickgreen16)
Hi, I can't find the extract for Jun/Nov 2020 Paper 2.
Can you pm them to me or snap me at jgoodrickgreen because that would be so so helpful?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...g%20the%20void

there you go.
Karimib016
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
By any chance do you have question 5 as well, I would really appreciate if you do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (12)
11.21%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (70)
65.42%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
13.08%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
8.41%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
1.87%

Watched Threads