title

^^^
Creative expression.
It looks nice.
It's fun to apply.
We feel cute/dressed up.
Some people feel better with it.

Guys wear makeup too tbh.
I think the main reason is because others do. Lack of body confidence must also be a reason too.
Why do (some) men put gel in their hair? Or wear fake tan?
insecurity
Either

A) to look pretty

B) to have self confidence

C) social pressure so they fit into societal expectations
(edited 3 years ago)
Same reason we get our nails done or wear pretty clothes, because we genuinely love how it looks and it’s so fun to experiment with different looks and styles. It’s kinda like interior decorating, it’s nice if your house looks and feels nice. Sure other people can come round and compliment it but over all you do it because you’ll be living there yourself and decorating is really fun☺️
(edited 3 years ago)
Depends
It looks nice and makes certain aspects of our faces stand out more.
Looking good can make you feel better even if your not insecure.
I consider it an art form. Some people paint on a canvas or clay; I paint my face. As someone passionate about body modification and alternative fashion I consider it just another tool in achieving a specific aesthetic. I don't wear natural make-up and I've no qualms abut leaving the house without any on.
I wear it because it enhances my face and I like how it looks. When I was a teenager I used to use it as a mask to hide my skin problems too
It gives us confidence and makes us feel cute. In evolutionary terms deep down we are all competing for the alpha males
Reply 13
low self esteem
well as a girl myself i rarely wear make up but even if i did, it was due to random outburst of creativity or wanting to feel extra beautiful for the day! haha!

Quick Reply

Latest