The Student Room Group

Getting a girlfriend is like winning the lottery

Both require someone to be extremely lucky. I was set up with my last girlfriend, that's how we got together. But, it ended years ago. I haven't been intimate with anyone ever since. I often wonder what it would be like to be in a committed and happy relationship, but the chances of ever beginning one is very slim.
Without a competent setter-upper, the chances are quite small.

Thank-you for letting us know about your experience.

Are you looking for any advice, or are you here simply to inform us?

BTW I've always done my own setting up. Maybe I'm as bad as Captain Kirk when it comes to delegating?:bricks:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Both require someone to be extremely lucky. I was set up with my last girlfriend, that's how we got together. But, it ended years ago. I haven't been intimate with anyone ever since. I often wonder what it would be like to be in a committed and happy relationship, but the chances of ever beginning one is very slim.

Imagine being in my shoes. As an asian man, getting a white girlfriend is hard, although an asian or indian girl is easier.
Original post by Anonymous

Getting a girlfriend isn't nearly as hard as people on here like to make out... and contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be a 6"+ Adonis to get one (although that does help :wink: )... but you DO need to have something that makes you stand out from other people. Once you know what that is, you just treat it as a marketing / sales exercise (put yourself in the right place). Even if you only take the pretty girls in a nightclub, there's still a massive scope to what they'll go for.

For example, if you flash the cash, sling the bling etc. you'll be attractive to the Gold-Digging types. You can normally spot these types with the big hair / chests covered in designer labels, hanging around the VIP area's of the club. They have a lot of game and they're generally more interested in the size of your wallet, than how classically good looking you are... having said that, they're after a guy with money, so you have to dress the part (and having a nice car helps). These girls want all the trappings of wealth, so be prepared to throw a lot of money at them.

Conversely, if you act like the baddest "Mother Lover" in the house, you'll be more attractive to the girls who crave fun and excitement. These will often dress to show off that killer body of theirs, and they'll turn a lot of heads in clubs (e.g. the badass brunette or that ice cool blonde). They're more likely to go for your "Alpha Male" type, so don't stand for any of her s**t and yes, you can probably be a bit of a **** (not that I advocate that). They also tend to love sex, so if you can show them a good time in the bedroom (or wherever lol), you'll have them hooked. They tend to be quite young (they're typically in their teens or early 20's)... and they often grow out of it by their mid / late 20's... so make the most of it.

If you can strut your stuff on the dancefloor (I mean proper dancing here... not that sleazy groping that'll earn you a knee in the groin), you'll appeal to the more creative / expressive types. They can adopt various looks / dress sense... but they're distinctive due to their high energy levels (think a kids TV presenter on acid lol). If you can impress her with your moves on the dance floor, she'll impress you with hers in private later on. However, if you can show you're a good listener / conversationalist, show you've got a bit of a cheeky (but not offensive) sense of humour, mention realistic goals in life (e.g. good career, having your own place etc.) you'll connect with those good girls, who just want to meet a decent guy without all the BS.

You see, there's a lot you can do to attract a girl if you wanted... but what do all of the above examples have in common?!?... They all are examples of how a guy can exhibit SELF-CONFIDENCE. I'm sick to death of saying it, but that' is what's key in triggering attraction. If you're lacking in self confidence, do what you can to address that issue... if you're weak / skinny, get yourself down to the gym (they're open again now). If you lack qualifications, see about enrolling in a college or evening class. If you're unhappy with your work, do what you can to get either a promotion or a pay rise. This board is littered with examples, work on your foundations, and you'll find the girl thing sorts itself out.

Kinda like a "look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves dynamic"
(edited 3 years ago)
how a guy can exhume SELF-CONFIDENCE.

You mean it has to die first?
Original post by Justvisited
You mean it has to die first?

Well spotted :eek::lol::oops:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending