The Student Room Group

GCSE art year 10 coursework

hii! i’m currently in year 10 doing GCSE art and i have a bunch of questions. we’ve had a really unorganised year so far (we are on our fifth teacher) and each teacher is telling us to do a different thing. one of our teachers has told us we are supposed to do a final piece for the end of year 10 so i have been working on that for weeks (practice pieces and a LOT of research and experimentation pages). now our current teacher has said we aren’t doing a final piece and has now started us on a completely new project and told us not to continue with our final piece. i’m just wondering if we are supposed to do a final piece for the end of year 10 because i don’t want my work to be for nothing. thank you :smile:)
Original post by username5749979
hii! i’m currently in year 10 doing GCSE art and i have a bunch of questions. we’ve had a really unorganised year so far (we are on our fifth teacher) and each teacher is telling us to do a different thing. one of our teachers has told us we are supposed to do a final piece for the end of year 10 so i have been working on that for weeks (practice pieces and a LOT of research and experimentation pages). now our current teacher has said we aren’t doing a final piece and has now started us on a completely new project and told us not to continue with our final piece. i’m just wondering if we are supposed to do a final piece for the end of year 10 because i don’t want my work to be for nothing. thank you :smile:)

I think you should continue for the end of Year 10 to aim for a sustained piece. Maybe not a final piece. So that you have evidence of progress and something you're working towards in the first year of GCSE. Then next year you can make your final piece, and an exam piece. But also please listen to your teacher, I am just giving my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest