The Student Room Group

help with business a level essay

pls help me to unterstand this question! I've provided the case study and question that I need help with!
Electric Planes
Airbus, Rolls Royce, and Siemens have teamed up to develop the technology needed to create
electrically powered aircraft. The companies plan to replace jet engines with electric units.-If this is
successful we could see electric jets flying short haul routes of about one hour in a generation.
Electric jets would reduce fuel consumption and noise and electric aircraft would help to achieve Eu
targets of a 60 per cent reduction in Co2 and 75 per cent noise reduction.
Quieter aircraft could move airports closer to city centres and rail links to airports would not be
required .These changes are expected in emerging economies initially .Each of the companies
involved is spending tens of millions of pounds on the research. There is a possibility of additional
funding from the Uk government and this would mean much of the research is done in the Uk. The
Uk is taking the lead on the technology but rival companies in the Us are also developing ideas (start
up companies).

the question:Assess why emerging economies may be important in a development such as this joint venture.10
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest