The Student Room Group

Covid sept uni 2021

Should I book accommodation for September or not? Only because I don’t know if semester one will be online or not?
Original post by Anonymous
Should I book accommodation for September or not? Only because I don’t know if semester one will be online or not?

Nobody really knows for sure.

Personally i'm optimistic for "blended learning" but only time will tell. Part of the problem universities face is the large amount of international travel for often large percentages of the cohort, thus making it hard to know as this is obviously one of the delicate areas of managing covid.

Could you contact the university directly and ask if they have any information regarding the 2021/22 course delivery.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

So this largely depends upon your University and course - each will have slightly different plans, based upon different scenarios in terms of COVID regulation and/or risk at the time. However it seems like the vast majority of Universities are planning to have a 'blended apporach' with lectures online and then seminar / practicals / tutorials in-person, so I would imagine you should book accommodation - however with the way it played out last year I can imagine you have doubts, but remember the risk now is much less with vaccines etc., so I would be more confident that there will significant amount of in-person provision.

I hope this is helpful :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending