The Student Room Group

a level results day 2021

anyone else worried about a level results..
Me- each of my subjects has at least one assessment that I think went awfully and could reduce may grades
Original post by SB1234567890
Me- each of my subjects has at least one assessment that I think went awfully and could reduce may grades

same :frown: I heard that you can't go below your current working grade tho.
Original post by bluemashmellow

I wish that was the case for my school, we were given currently working at grades in around March or April and were told it was just a general guide as to where we were and we could get higher or lower

Which subjects did you take?
(edited 2 years ago)
I wish that was the case for my school, we were given currently working at grades in around March or April and were told it was just a general guide as to where we were and we could get higher or lower

Which subjects did you take?

I took sociology and business a level, and a btec health and social. What about yourself?
Yes they told us the exact same, I'm just praying for a miracle that these grades get will get me into university. I can't afford to re take another year. :frown:
I took sociology and business a level, and a btec health and social. What about yourself?
Yes they told us the exact same, I'm just praying for a miracle that these grades get will get me into university. I can't afford to re take another year. :frown:

I also took sociology and business, along with psychology

What university/course are you hoping to get into?
(edited 2 years ago)
I also took sociology and business, along with psychology

What university/course are you hoping to get into?

Ah, how did you find the mini assessments? I had AQA for both.
I received a conditional offer at university of Northampton for an accounting and finance degree.
you?
Ah, how did you find the mini assessments? I had AQA for both.
I received a conditional offer at university of Northampton for an accounting and finance degree.
you?

I was also AQA. For business I felt they went quite well, especially as there were no 20 or 25 markers which I would usually miss the most marks on but the teachers are also using our September exam, which I got a B in and, even though I was over the moon with it at the time, I need AAA for my top choice so I hope the other assessments outweigh it. For sociology, I felt like it was all going well until we did the in class essay which was the 2020 theory and methods question (whether we're in postmodern society) which was one of the two topics which I thought If this comes up I haven't got a chance. How about you?
I hope to do business and management at university of Exeter
Reply 8
i literally worry about it every day but hopefully, everyone's gonna get the grades they want . I'm hoping to pass chemistry lol I hated that subject.
Can they go lower than our predicted grades (the ones they used for UCAS)? :frown:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by S.dsh12
i literally worry about it every day but hopefully, everyone's gonna get the grades they want . I'm hoping to pass chemistry lol I hated that subject.

Same, I'm literally the champion of overthinking and I keep thinking about everything that could have possibly gone wrong even though I can't do anything to change it
Original post by RazzzBerries
Can they go lower than our predicted grades (the ones they used for UCAS)? :frown:

Unfortunately probably yes as I think universities make offers on the basis that not everyone will meet their UCAS grades though hopefully we will all meet the grades that we're personally aiming for

That's not official guidance

I think they can. I don’t think predicted grade matters.

Absolutely, UCAS predicted grades are known to be very 'aspirational'. In 2019 only 21% (31,220) of accepted 18 year old applicants met or exceeded their predicted grades https://www.ucas.com/file/292726/download?token=wswAnzge#:~:text=UCAS%20is%20actively%20exploring%20ways,from%2037.9%25%20the%20previous%20year. Based on that, most people should get less than their UCAS predicted grades.
(edited 2 years ago)
Unfortunately probably yes as I think universities make offers on the basis that not everyone will meet their UCAS grades though hopefully we will all meet the grades that we're personally aiming for

Original post by 5hyl33n
I think they can. I don’t think predicted grade matters.

Original post by Compost
Absolutely, UCAS predicted grades are known to be very 'aspirational'. In 2019 only 21% (31,220) of accepted 18 year old applicants met or exceeded their predicted grades https://www.ucas.com/file/292726/download?token=wswAnzge#:~:text=UCAS%20is%20actively%20exploring%20ways,from%2037.9%25%20the%20previous%20year. Based on that, most people should get less than their UCAS predicted grades.

Yay :redface:
anyone else worried about a level results..

Same but im GCSE student. Im currently praying I get a 66 in combined science so I can do A-level biology LMAO.

Hope you get the best desired grades you deserve.

Quick Reply

Latest