The Student Room Group

predicted grades

Hey guys I'm looking at resitting my a levels hopefully because I got really bad and can't get into any decent courses so I think resitting is better in the long run, I'm trying to find cheap centres that I can resit but does anyone know if there's a place I can get predicted grades from, like online I just ask them to do a reference for me and give the predicted grades I want. I did find one website that do offer this but if anyone had more think it would improve my chances so does anyone know where I could find this if you maybe resat privately too. It's just hard doing all this independently without the schools help now. thankyou! Even if its just the predicted grades that would be fine as I could probably get a good reference from the sixth form I went but I know their predicted grades wouldn't be good so I have to get that from somewhere else.
Original post by yaraalin
Hey guys I'm looking at resitting my a levels hopefully because I got really bad and can't get into any decent courses so I think resitting is better in the long run, I'm trying to find cheap centres that I can resit but does anyone know if there's a place I can get predicted grades from, like online I just ask them to do a reference for me and give the predicted grades I want. I did find one website that do offer this but if anyone had more think it would improve my chances so does anyone know where I could find this if you maybe resat privately too. It's just hard doing all this independently without the schools help now. thankyou! Even if its just the predicted grades that would be fine as I could probably get a good reference from the sixth form I went but I know their predicted grades wouldn't be good so I have to get that from somewhere else.

school referees only predict the grade you already achieved. Otherwise, there is no evidence behind them, they could be setting you up for failure. For example, if you cannot get A/A*’s for medicine, and you get the offer, on results day, you will be disappointed.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
school referees only predict the grade you already achieved. Otherwise, there is no evidence behind them, they could be setting you up for failure. For example, if you cannot get A/A*’s for medicine, and you get the offer, on results day, you will be disappointed.

Yes I know I do have end of topic tests showing I've gotten grades like that, if I am disappointed on results day that's gonna have to be on me but I do think I can do better than whatever I would be predicted by my school now I have a year to work on my grades so I want somewhere that will predict me good, I am trying to have faith in myself this year last year I kept thinking I was going to fail and its a bad mentality, but right now I want somewhere to give good predicted grades so I can get uni offers then that's one thing off my plate
Original post by yaraalin
Yes I know I do have end of topic tests showing I've gotten grades like that, if I am disappointed on results day that's gonna have to be on me but I do think I can do better than whatever I would be predicted by my school now I have a year to work on my grades so I want somewhere that will predict me good, I am trying to have faith in myself this year last year I kept thinking I was going to fail and its a bad mentality, but right now I want somewhere to give good predicted grades so I can get uni offers then that's one thing off my plate

Email your school…
As this is the policy for this school: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwj488_98fyAAxUKVUEAHXu7DVkQFnoECA4QAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hillsroad.ac.uk%2Fdocs%2Fdefault-source%2Fpolicies%2Fpredicted-grades-2021.pdf%3Fsfvrsn%3D14%23%3A~%3Atext%3D7.1%2520If%2520a%2520student%2520resits%2Ctheir%2520A%2520level%252C%2520whichever%2520is&usg=AOvVaw2MYk9W9oqaN_sJbp9nlIiT&opi=89978449

If a student resits an A level subject after they have left the College, then the predicted grade to be used on their UCAS application would normally be one grade above that which the student had originally been predicted at the end of Year 12, or one grade above the grade achieved in their A level, whichever is .

Can you tell me what sixth form you went to?
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending