The Student Room Group

does anyone have any personal statements for nursing i could have a look at

My school has no UCAS or CV advisors, i was wondering if anyone has any personal statements I could look at for an example.
Reply 2

ty i jujst want a idea of what and how much I should write. I have a habit of writing a 10k word essay with all the correct detail, but is meant to be 1k words
Original post by billsj
ty i jujst want a idea of what and how much I should write. I have a habit of writing a 10k word essay with all the correct detail, but is meant to be 1k words

The limit is 4000 characters including spaces or 47 lines (whichever you reach first), UCAS won’t let you submit any more than the limit :smile:

btw, 47 lines in Word will be slightly more than 47 lines on the UCAS form because of the margins and stuff, good luck :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by laurawatt
The limit is 4000 characters including spaces or 47 lines (whichever you reach first), UCAS won’t let you submit any more than the limit :smile:

btw, 47 lines in Word will be slightly more than 47 lines on the UCAS form because of the margins and stuff, good luck :biggrin:

Thankyou so much. Time to start writing and screwwing up 100 versions. xd
I’ve found that a good structure is:
Short introduction stating your motives for studying the course in as plain English as you can manage.
What you’ve done to explore your chosen subject further, including work experience and what you got out of it.
A discussion of your prior study. Plenty of people will howl you don’t need that but from having worked in admissions I know that admissions tutors like to see this because it shows that you’ve given thought to what kind of study skills and knowledge your subject will require and are demonstrating how you fit those requirements and that you’re reflecting on what sort of student you are and thinking about how you’ll meet the challenges of the course.
A short discussion of how you balance your study against your extracurriculars. Just needs to be short and to give an indication that you know how to have fun as well as relax and that you’ll be able to offer something to the student community as well as cope with the demands of the course.
Sort conclusion summing up your case for studying.

This format ticks all the boxes for what admissions tutors are looking for and it addresses them in order of priority for what they’re looking for as well.
There is a guide for writing nursing PSs here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5550452

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending