The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge MPhil Sociology Application 2023 entry

This is a thread for Cambridge MPhil Sociology applicants 2023 entry.

Welcome to share any update.
Nothing yet! Anyone beyond under review by department?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by spark2021
Nothing yet! Anyone beyond under review by department?

Nothing for me too, which stream did you apply to?
Original post by Pauauau
Nothing for me too, which stream did you apply to?

Political and Economic Sociology. You?
Reply 4
I applied for the Sociology of Media and Culture Mphil and checked today to see the Awaiting approval by PAO status. From what I've read, it seems like this means I've been approved by the department?! I don't want to jinx it and start celebrating, but it's very interesting....
Original post by 4Bob123
I applied for the Sociology of Media and Culture Mphil and checked today to see the Awaiting approval by PAO status. From what I've read, it seems like this means I've been approved by the department?! I don't want to jinx it and start celebrating, but it's very interesting....

Congrats! Defo a good sign. Did you go straight to PAO from departmental review?
Reply 6
Congrats! Defo a good sign. Did you go straight to PAO from departmental review?

Thanks! (hopefully!) I have not checked it regularly, but last I looked a few weeks ago it was in departmental review. So, I believe that's what happened.
Reply 7
Political and Economic Sociology. You?

Media and Culture
Reply 8
May I ask what your timeline is?
Reply 9
Have any mid-Feb applicants heard back from the department?
Reply 10
no
Any news for the mid February round?
Reply 12
Yeah, I got rejected
Got my offer yesterday. 4.6 PAO 4.13 offer
Im sorry to hear it
Original post by a2189
Yeah, I got rejected
Original post by AbayomiH
Got my offer yesterday. 4.6 PAO 4.13 offer

Congrats! Can you share your timeline? I just submitted mine a few days ago, and was wondering if you start processing applications until after the deadline for each round, or if your application was moved faster?
Original post by Henry S
Congrats! Can you share your timeline? I just submitted mine a few days ago, and was wondering if you start processing applications until after the deadline for each round, or if your application was moved faster?

I think they review applications just as how it's shown on their website, by gathering fields. I was in the second round I suppose.
Original post by AbayomiH
I think they review applications just as how it's shown on their website, by gathering fields. I was in the second round I suppose.

Ahh I see thanks. Guess my application will stay at submitted until after the 1 May deadline then...
Does anyone know what time the deadline is?

It says 1st of May but is that once it hits midnight between the 30th of April and the 1st of May, or is it once it hits midnight between the 1st of May and the 2nd that applications will then close?

Normally I would have prepared much better for this, but I didn't decide till recently that I wanted to do a masters and didn't think that Cambridge deadlines might have an earlier cutoff!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending