The Student Room Group

PGDE - Scotland 2022 Applicants Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KMal4
Has anyone heard any response from Dundee or Aberdeen following an interview over the past few weeks? Still haven’t heard anything from Glasgow or Edi and have Strath interview on Friday.

Good luck for your interview. I’ve had an offer from Dundee. Not heard anything from UWS and I interviewed last week. Not heard from Strathclyde, Edinburgh or Edinburgh yet.
Original post by KMal4
Yeah, had it on Wednesday morning! Havent heard anything and was not expecting to but can see from previous posts that students have received offers from other Universities

Quite a few from Aberdeen itself heard back a week or thereabouts after their interview. Trying not to read too much into that in relation to my application. I had my interview last Thursday but haven’t heard anything yet.
Reply 382
Original post by Teach2021
Good luck for your interview. I’ve had an offer from Dundee. Not heard anything from UWS and I interviewed last week. Not heard from Strathclyde, Edinburgh or Edinburgh yet.

Thank you :smile: Congratulations on your offer at Dundee!! I had my interview for there last Tuesday, but haven’t heard any response which i am feeling abit disheartened about. Will keep an eye out over the next few weeks. Was Dundee your first choice?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 383
Original post by nyce93
Quite a few from Aberdeen itself heard back a week or thereabouts after their interview. Trying not to read too much into that in relation to my application. I had my interview last Thursday but haven’t heard anything yet.

I’m the same. Definitely provokes more anxiety I feel even though staff have mentioned it can be a lengthy process. Good luck to you and I hope news is communicated soon for you :wink:
Original post by KMal4
Thank you :smile: Congratulations on your offer at Dundee!! I had my interview for their last Tuesday, but haven’t heard any response which i am feeling abit disheartened about. Will keep an eye out over the next few weeks. Was Dundee your first choice?

I would assume no news is good news as they said we would hear around March time and they will still be interviewing. My first choice would be somewhere nearer as I live in Glasgow but I’m so grateful to have a place and I’m happy to go to Dundee. UWS is 15 minutes from where I live so that would be idea in terms of travel. I’m hoping to hear from the other unis soon as it would be good to know my options sooner rather than later. Is this your first year applying? It’s my second year so I’m really glad I don’t have to go through the process again!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 385
Did anyone receive an email before the interview from UWS? I accepted my invite to interview on Wednesday and haven’t heard anything from them. Getting a bit worried as I only know date and time
I'm really sorry to say, I'm glad you're all feeling the same as I am 🤣

Even though it's the weekend my stomach still flips when I get an email notification!!
Original post by Leiha
Did anyone receive an email before the interview from UWS? I accepted my invite to interview on Wednesday and haven’t heard anything from them. Getting a bit worried as I only know date and time

If you access the invite through track there’s an important information bit that asks you to copy and paste a link into your search bar. That will direct you to a link to a video presentation and another link to the reading materials needed for your interview.
Reply 388
Original post by Teach2021
If you access the invite through track there’s an important information bit that asks you to copy and paste a link into your search bar. That will direct you to a link to a video presentation and another link to the reading materials needed for your interview.

Oh great, found it! Thank you
Reply 389
Original post by Leiha

My interview is also on Wednesday! How are you feeling about it?
Original post by KMal4
Has anyone heard any response from Dundee or Aberdeen following an interview over the past few weeks? Still haven’t heard anything from Glasgow or Edi and have Strath interview on Friday.

i have a Glasgow interview in a week but nothing from UWS or EDI. I was asked to submit documents to Strathclyde but i have not been offered an interview as of yet.
Reply 391
I was invited to an interview with Strathclyde on the 27th.
Seems to me the most relaxed format yet!
20 minute interview and I believe it’s 1:1
Reply 392
Original post by ANIC22
I was invited to an interview with Strathclyde on the 27th.
Seems to me the most relaxed format yet!
20 minute interview and I believe it’s 1:1

Brilliant! I have the same format on the Friday morning :smile: Good luck to you! :smile:
Reply 393
Original post by AbsT1980
i have a Glasgow interview in a week but nothing from UWS or EDI. I was asked to submit documents to Strathclyde but i have not been offered an interview as of yet.

Fantastic!! Was that just this week you heard from Glasgow?
I think you will hear from Strathclyde pretty soon after they have requested documents. I heard just a few days after which was with a request for interview :smile: Good luck to you!
Reply 394
Original post by KMal4
Brilliant! I have the same format on the Friday morning :smile: Good luck to you! :smile:

And you!😁😁
Original post by KMal4
Fantastic!! Was that just this week you heard from Glasgow?
I think you will hear from Strathclyde pretty soon after they have requested documents. I heard just a few days after which was with a request for interview :smile: Good luck to you!

Oh really fingers crossed. Yeah I only heard at the last week. Not going to lie, I’m so nervous! Especially about the 300+ word written assessment as we don’t see the subject before hand 🙈🙈. The best of luck to you tooxxxx
Has anyone heard from Glasgow re primary PGDE?
Reply 397
Original post by Educhat

No, nothing as of yet!
Reply 398
Original post by AbsT1980
Oh really fingers crossed. Yeah I only heard at the last week. Not going to lie, I’m so nervous! Especially about the 300+ word written assessment as we don’t see the subject before hand 🙈🙈. The best of luck to you tooxxxx

Ah! I wasn’t aware of this part of it!! That’s intense but they wouldn’t have offered you an interview if they weren’t confident in both your knowledge and abilities to smash it! Thank you and you too! Xxx
Reply 399
Original post by Educhat

Nothing yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending